Samson Johnson update | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson update

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
He’s been playing well. Fluid and long with soft hands.

An underrated talent is the ability to watch a 15 or 16 year old kid and be able to project what kind of player he will become.

Calhoun was one of the best at this.

Hurley seems to be able to ID players who have a big upside.

Maybe it comes from growing up in a HS gym with a HOF Dad?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
An underrated talent is the ability to watch a 15 or 16 year old kid and be able to project what kind of player he will become.

Some would say there are some posters on this board as good if not better than Calhoun at seeing a player's skill and growth potential from mid-teens through their early 20's. They've even suggested they're willing to give their opinion to coaches unsolicited.

Reaction Score
If I’m remembering correctly he’s only been playing basketball for a few year right? His improvement is so rapid.

Reaction Score

This kid is going to be an absolute steal. Calhoun had a great eye for talent, and I agree with you that it seems like Hurley has this as well.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He’s been playing well. Fluid and long with soft hands.
My only issue right now is that he’s a little contact hesitant, often is in poor position to grab boards. He prefers to use his length to reach over players In better position. Would like to see him put on a little more muscle and mix it up a little more in the paint, box out harder.

I do like his soft touch around the rim though. When he gets the ball in good position it’s going in the basket. Saw some weekend highlights on Instagram looks like he added a mid range shot to his game as well which is nice.

Reaction Score
My only issue right now is that he’s a little contact hesitant, often is in poor position to grab boards. He prefers to use his length to reach over players In better position. Would like to see him put on a little more muscle and mix it up a little more in the paint, box out harder.

I do like his soft touch around the rim though. When he gets the ball in good position it’s going in the basket. Saw some weekend highlights on Instagram looks like he added a mid range shot to his game as well which is nice.

Your points are valid no doubt. Im certain that Uconn coaches will put a big emphasis on muscle building and strength conditioning as soon as they can get their mits on Samson.
IMO, S&C results with other current players proves this.
With added size and strength, Samson will be a true warrior and force.
KFree will also teach the art of the rebound.

C

Chief00

He will get hit by an even stronger Sonago again in practice. So that will make him hit the weighroom. Not unusual for a Big to grow tall real fast and then need some time to muscle up. We finally have a strength coach that Chief loves. We are the team doing the pushing now, not the team being push around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Some would say there are some posters on this board as good if not better than Calhoun at seeing a player's skill and growth potential from mid-teens through their early 20's. They've even suggested they're willing to give their opinion to coaches unsolicited.
Sort of like a see all, know all type poster?

Reaction Score
He will get hit by an even stronger Sonago again in practice. So that will make him hit the weighroom. Not unusual for a Big to grow tall real fast and then need some time to muscle up. We finally have a strength coach that Chief loves. We are the team doing the pushing now, not the team being push around.
Can impose our will (physical presence) on opponents vs reacting to their aggression on us.. We're looking like a BE BB team instead of a Cross Country track team.. Coach Mike bringing the Alpha mentality out of the Good Guys..

Reaction Score
Just seems to be getting better every time we see him on video. Could be one of the top players in his class, if, he continues on this progression path by the time he's finished as a college player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom