2021 Recruiting: - Samson Johnson invited to Pangos All-American Festival | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Samson Johnson invited to Pangos All-American Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Samson Johnson was one of the two game MVPs!
Diggins played well, too.
1604181179340.png

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m stuck at work ugh. How did Gayle look?

Reaction Score
Woah, woah, woooah! Lets see what they do on the court first before we start making that comparison. That 04` frontcourt was problably the deepest and most talented in cbb the last 20 years.

Well, this is the Boneyard.............so doesn't that make all of next year's recruits All-Americans? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If anyone wants to watch Johnson and Diggins later today here's the rosters, schedule of games and a link to watch the event. It's not clear if you have to pay to watch the game. Let us know how they look.

Edit: Just to be clear this article says those times are Mountain time. So 2 hours behind us. So I assume that means the East team's game is at 6:00 pm east coast time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If anyone wants to watch Johnson and Diggins later today here's the rosters, schedule of games and a link to watch the event. It's not clear if you have to pay to watch the game. Let us know how they look.

Edit: Just to be clear this article says those times are Mountain time. So 2 hours behind us. So I assume that means the East team's game is at 6:00 pm east coast time.

I'll get stats from both games if ya'll can't watch. I'm sure there will be highlights

Really look forward to seeing how Samson can do against talented bigs. Last year at TPS he got handled by bigger/stronger guys, but his IQ looks a lot better now. Wouldn't be surprised that this even is one that starts elevating his rankings.

Only 8 kids on the team so plenty of PT to go around.

Rahsool is the only true PG. One other center on the team.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Johnson shows out here, there's serious potential for his ranking to rise, you would think. Considering he was co mvp of the slam event.

Reaction Score
If history is any indication Rahsool should have an excellent weekend. He had arguably the best performance in the Top 60 Cream of the Crop game at last year's Pangos AA camp scoring a game-high 20 points (8/11 FG, 3/5 3FG) on the way to being named co-MVP (and his team won). Adama Sanogo also played in that game.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Our guys come in for first time w 11 mins left in 1st half, East down 25-13. First 2 possessions Diggins assist and Diggins score. Just hit a 3 and had a steal.

Edit, I was mistaken, SJ still hasn't played. Diggins is a leader!

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Something's up, is SJ in this game?? It looks like the roster is different than what's listed on the Pagnos site, and SJ's number is on someone else.

Reaction Score
Something's up, is SJ in this game?? It looks like the roster is different than what's listed on the Pagnos site, and SJ's number is on someone else.

Pretty sure all the numbers are right, they just subbed Adrame Diongue for SJ

Does the stream suck for you too?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Pretty sure all the numbers are right, they just subbed Adrame Diongue for SJ

Does the stream suck for you too?
Yep, it does.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
nm, that sarcasm would have missed the mark

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Diggins' free throw stroke is a little cringy.

Reaction Score
Signed up for Baller TV 1 year to watch the game, tried to watch the 1st half, such poor quality I canceled the subscription at half time and worked with support to get my money back. Interesting that Diggins gets the ball for a foul shot and 2 sec later the ball is in the air. No rhythm bounce, deep breath, just catch and fires like he's in a hurry. I don't think I have seen anybody do it like that before. I don't think Johnson is there nor Trey Patterson, and maybe not Longino. The game itself isn't a shadow of the play from last week despite the supposed talent. Poor ball handling, lots of hero ball, pretty worthless as a measuring stick. Paolo Banchero going to Duke has exhibited skills, but for the #3 player in the class I don't think he's a dominating player. Diggins seemed like the only 'team' player on the court. Nobody else was inspiring. No dominating power players like a Kofi or Sanogo. No real rim protectors. Turnovers, runouts, bad decisions, poor shooting, yick
McPherson is there and made an opening 3 then seemed like he wanted to put his stamp on the game but couldn't.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like @Ricker said. This was an all-star game... pretty boring. Kids weren't taking it seriously, which is no surprise.

Diggins had 11/5/7 in almost exactly 20 minutes. No TOs, 3 steals. shot 1/5 from 3, 0/1 from 2, and 6/8 from the line.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Signed up for Baller TV 1 year to watch the game, tried to watch the 1st half, such poor quality I canceled the subscription at half time and worked with support to get my money back. Interesting that Diggins gets the ball for a foul shot and 2 sec later the ball is in the air. No rhythm bounce, deep breath, just catch and fires like he's in a hurry. I don't think I have seen anybody do it like that before. I don't think Johnson is there nor Trey Patterson, and maybe not Longino. The game itself isn't a shadow of the play from last week despite the supposed talent. Poor ball handling, lots of hero ball, pretty worthless as a measuring stick. Paolo Banchero going to Duke has exhibited skills, but for the #3 player in the class I don't think he's a dominating player. Diggins seemed like the only 'team' player on the court. Nobody else was inspiring. No dominating power players like a Kofi or Sanogo. No real rim protectors. Turnovers, runouts, bad decisions, poor shooting, yick
McPherson is there and made an opening 3 then seemed like he wanted to put his stamp on the game but couldn't.
Pretty damn good summary all the way around. I subscribed today also. Chatting with support to cancel now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom