OT: - Sammy Sosa? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sammy Sosa?

Reaction Score
Which brings forth a deeper question. Why are all of these black people under the impression that the lighter you are the more attractive you are?
We have people saying this is prevalent in Africa, and here you are saying it's a western cultural phenomenon.
Millions of people pay big bucks to darken their skin every day, and nobody claims they have an identity crisis.
Your central theory is that people who want lighter skin have an "identity crisis," which means that something is wrong in their brains - they are not seeing the world clearly, as you believe you are, they are broken somehow. You completely discount the notion that somebody can want lighter skin and not have a mental issue. That's insanely offensive. Worse, it's racist.
If you weren't being racist, you would also be hopping around concerned about white people getting tans. But you're not. No mention of that.

Your form of racism is particularly disturbing because it's
subtle and insidious.

Light skinned people darken skin - perfectly normal brains.
Dark skinned people lighten skin - brain issue (all of them!).

Racism.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have people saying this is prevalent in Africa, and here you are saying it's a western cultural phenomenon.
Millions of people pay big bucks to darken their skin every day, and nobody claims they have an identity crisis.
Your central theory is that people who want lighter skin have an "identity crisis," which means that something is wrong in their brains - they are not seeing the world clearly, as you believe you are, they are broken somehow. You completely discount the notion that somebody can want lighter skin and not have a mental issue. That's insanely offensive. Worse, it's racist.
If you weren't being racist, you would also be hopping around concerned about white people getting tans. But you're not. No mention of that.

subtle and insidious.

Racism.
1. The fact that you compare tans to skin bleaching is absolutely laughable.(And people do look down on excessive tanning, but isn't the same issue)

2. Guess you've never heard of British colonialism in Africa

3. You still have no idea what racism means. I'm a dark skinned person so I guess that means I'm racist against myself?

4. I'm Done

Last edited:
Reaction Score

subtle and insidious.

Racism.

You are an extremely confused person with no grasp of the word racism. In some asian cultures the whiter your skin the more status you have that's why you have some people who literally look like porcelain dolls as a status thing. There is the same things going on in the african American communities in Africa and around the world.

It is 100% an individual identity crisis and unless you have a 1 on 1 conversation with these people you have no clue as to why they are going through with these procedures. It can be for many different reasons yet you want to play the God role and call everyone racists who question the underlying reason when you yourself are lost and confused.

And people do blast people who tan excessively. They talk about skin cancer that becomes more prevalent or how they are drying out their skin and it looks leathery. So wth are you talking about. It's nonsense you are labeling everyone racists when you have no idea who is white, black, asian, hispanic, etc

Reaction Score
1. The fact that you compare tans to skin bleaching is absolutely laughable.(And people do look down on excessive tanning, but isn't the same issue)

2. Guess you've never heard of British colonialism in Africa

3. You still have no idea what racism means. I'm a dark skinned person so I guess that means I'm racist against myself?

4. I'm Done

Yea not knowing that bolded part is laughable. Its starting to be seen as more taboo in Western africa, but plenty of people still do it. Its a mind set that lighter and more like white is better. Its a sad mental state when your natural skin color isnt good enough in your mind. I get to the each his own. If bleaching your skin makes you happy, who am i to stop you? Live your life, i'm not going to treat you negatively or anything like that. But its hard not to judge a little when I'm a person of a darker complexion and I find nothing wrong with my color. Does Sosa see something wrong with me? Why does he think dark skin is negative?

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Lil Kim Isn’t Black Anymore? Rapper’s Bombshell Reason For Bleaching Skin Leads To Overwhelming Backlash

"But, surprisingly her explanation didn’t come from a recent interview. Lil Kim actually shared the reason why she no longer wanted to be black during a previous interview with Newsweek. She explained how her looks have always haunted her. As a child, she was scrutinized by her own father, and many of the men she dated reportedly cheated on her with fair-skinned women she categorized as “European-looking” with long hair. Unfortunately, she always felt inferior to those types of women as if she couldn’t compete."

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
You do understand how sweeping your generalization is, right?
You have, essentially, said that . . .
If a person bleaches his/her skin,
then that person has an identity crisis.

Your proposition is, in my view, aggressively racist and demeaning. Your central thought is - "people who bleach their skin have a mental disorder." You're in the same company as the people who say that about gays.

MadDog Stop it. AntG is right. Not even debatable. Light is alright, Brown get down, Black stay back. Always has been that way. Now back to UConn hoops, this is not Critical Race Theory 101 forum.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The McGwire and Sosa home run chase was amazing even if it was uh, slightly doctored.

It is said that Sousa and McGwire saved baseball after the destructive players union strike. Not saying its true but its out there. Selig loved it.

Reaction Score
You're racist because you rail against every person who lightens his/her skin. It's that simple. You didn't write, "some people" have mental issues because they want to be lighter skinned. You didn't write "many" or "most." You wrote "all." You took an absolutist position that any person who wants to lighten his/her skin has an "identity crisis," which is a euphemism for a mental issue.
Your absolutism is racist. Your message is - "being lighter skinned is bad, and you shouldn't want it. Only those with an "identity crisis" [code for mental issue] would want such a thing."
It's flagrantly racist because it equates wanting to be lighter with mental problems. It's anti-light, which is really just anti-white. Your behavior is an attempt to suppress any of those you consider your bretheren who do a particular thing that you consider pro-light, or pro-white. It's that simple. You don't see it because you don't want to see it. I'm sure it's painful.
This is not personal for me, and I find the conversation useful. I also recognize that we're living in a time when a fair and open discussion of race is virtually impossible. Discussions of race can be had, of course, but the subject of the conversation is severely constrained, and the conversations can only go in one direction.
Suppression of opinion is dangerous, and creates zealots.
By the way. To the guy who told me not to make this thread about race - I already suggested that the thread be deleted - it was, in my view, mocking and improper to post a picture that was meant to hold this man up for ridicule.

Reaction Score
You're racist because you rail against every person who lightens his/her skin. It's that simple. You didn't write, "some people" have mental issues because they want to be lighter skinned. You didn't write "many" or "most." You wrote "all." You took an absolutist position that any person who wants to lighten his/her skin has an "identity crisis," which is a euphemism for a mental issue.
Your absolutism is racist. Your message is - "being lighter skinned is bad, and you shouldn't want it. Only those with an "identity crisis" [code for mental issue] would want such a thing."
It's flagrantly racist because it equates wanting to be lighter with mental problems. It's anti-light, which is really just anti-white. Your behavior is an attempt to suppress any of those you consider your bretheren who do a particular thing that you consider pro-light, or pro-white. It's that simple. You don't see it because you don't want to see it. I'm sure it's painful.
This is not personal for me, and I find the conversation useful. I also recognize that we're living in a time when a fair and open discussion of race is virtually impossible. Discussions of race can be had, of course, but the subject of the conversation is severely constrained, and the conversations can only go in one direction.
By the way. To the guy who told me not to make this thread about race - I already suggested that the thread be deleted - it was, in my view, mocking and improper to post a picture that was meant to hold this man up for ridicule.
Dude you are lost, wrong, and ignorant. Stop embarrassing yourself. Thinking your god given skin is ugly is indeed "bad". This angle you are trying to take isn't working

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Woa, what? What just happened?

Reaction Score
Wow, you are so lost.

Reaction Score
Your attitude is exactly what makes reasonable conversation about race in America impossible: "you agree with me or you're lost."
Kinda like, "you agree with me or you're a racist."

You are so clueless it is painful to watch.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Identity crisis=mental disorder? News to me. You show a complete lack of historical context when it comes to this issue, while also refusing to answer the question posted. Also look up the word "racist" because when you do you'll find what you said makes ZERO sense. Nothing I said insinuated that I thought my race was superior to anyone else's. Last but not least my central point is that if someone is bleaching their skin its because they do not like how dark it is. Which brings forth a deeper question. Why are all of these black people under the impression that the lighter you are the more attractive you are? I know this conversation may be to complex for you to understand but try and follow me. In the black community colorism(yes this is a thing) is very prevalent. Its even more prevelant in places like Cuba and Jamaica. Its not just that people like the way it looks. Its because they are taught from a young age the the lighter you are the more beautiful you are. This has been studied by professionals. Black or dark is not the standard of beauty in western civilization, white is. Example: coiled natural black hair is considered "nappy" You while straight natural white hair is considered "beautiful". That' just one example. Their are many more. But your idea that its just peoples preference is so idiotic and uniformed. So dont then attach some entirely separate idea to me because you don' have the knowledge or experience to back your claim

Learn Something

That is so messed up. So disturbing. I was aware of these studies but watching these poor kids project and manifest society's racism is just sad to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom