Sammy P waived by the Mercury. | The Boneyard

Sammy P waived by the Mercury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I knew her time was way down and with all of the veterans back, it was tough to find her time, but I am still surprised. Will she get picked up?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
What a freakin' waste of a high draft pick wasted. :rolleyes:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I watched at OSU regularly at PSU and on the Big Ten Net and have always thought she was over rated because she was not mentally tough and constantly pouted about every play that went wrong.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
But the pouting bit can change. I see a lot of players change or at least appear to change the attitude once they turn pro.

But I never thought she was all that great in college and she sure wasn't with the Merc. I wish her luck as long as it is elsewhere.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I watched at OSU regularly at PSU and on the Big Ten Net and have always thought she was over rated because she was not mentally tough and constantly pouted about every play that went wrong.

I remember a player at Louisville who had similar issues (though not talent).

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
She was a good ballplayer...can't we just leave it at that. At this point, what is gained by pouring cr@p on her head.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
She was a good ballplayer...can't we just leave it at that. At this point, what is gained by pouring cr@p on her head.

Not pouring crap, just posters expressing their opinion on why she was cut.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, I just expressed mine.
Oz, I am just being consistent with mine. BTW, I very possibly see a similar but slightly better path for Skylar. I have always seen significant flaws in her game that unless she changes her game significantly will major problems.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
saw it coming...she had her chance at the beginning of the season...but the whole team wasn't playing well either..

Reaction Score
Funny all the folks who said she was a terrible pick, would never play ... and yet she lasted a year and half -- a lot longer than many others. And she did just get cut by a pretty good team; she could still get picked up elsewhere.

sTu

Reaction Score
I remember a player at Louisville who had similar issues (though not talent).

Just makes me think we all have our own demons. Angel had the benefit a relatively patient Walz and the guidance of Geno throughout the Olympic process. And the struggles still have continued into the WNBA. I wish both players well.

Reaction Score
Ozzie Nelson, go back to the gentle time of the 1950's. You did not express and opinion, you attacked their opinion. They're right. She was always trying to be flashy instead of just making the pass. She pouted when calls didn't go her way. Had she been recruited by UConn, Geno wouldn't have tolerated her antics for one second.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Ozzie Nelson, go back to the gentle time of the 1950's. You did not express and opinion, you attacked their opinion. They're right. She was always trying to be flashy instead of just making the pass. She pouted when calls didn't go her way. Had she been recruited by UConn, Geno wouldn't have tolerated her antics for one second.

Chris...honestly, you made me laugh. I tend to defend young people, and it does not relate to decades, but to my own personal circumstances. I still hold my opine…she was a good ballplayer. Like most of us, her flaws lit up in neon.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
"Game changer" ...... to soccer?

OK, sorry. I'm done.

Reaction Score
certainly was not a fan of hers with the attitude she showed at ohio st. but with her quickness, and if her cockiness is tempered , i think she can be an asset for some wnba team. the few times i saw her play last year i really didn't see the pouting , etc that she showed in college.it would surprise me if she is not picked up by someone.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She had the opinion that she was going to change the game. That was a Baseless position for a point guard at a mod-tier program. Hopefully she finds her way given that she hasn't to this point.

Reaction Score
Just 11 players from last years draft class are still in the league.
6 from 1st round, 3 from 2nd round, and 2 from 3rd round (Kizer from MD and Gilbreath from USC)

Reaction Score
Just 11 players from last years draft class are still in the league.
6 from 1st round, 3 from 2nd round, and 2 from 3rd round (Kizer from MD and Gilbreath from USC)
In contrast, after 2.5 yrs, the 2011 class has 16 players yet (10-5-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom