Same Seats As Last Year! Dam! | The Boneyard

Same Seats As Last Year! Dam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am a new donor (donated the last 2 years) and last year I was issued sec 213 row m at the XL center. I thought that I would get better seats this year but my tickets arrived today and now I am in the same sec and row! Seats aren't that bad but ticketmaster is selling discounted tix for 15 dollars for the row above me! Why should I donate and buy the seasons if I could get cheaper seats one row up? Has anyone else gotten worse seats or the same?

Reaction Score
From past experience, it helps if you add some seating suggestions when you apply for season tix. It seems they often put you in the same seats if your points are not that much different than the year before. But if you make some non-crazy suggestion like prefer lower seat in a corner section over a higher seat in a middle section, you tend to do better.

I used to request a specific upper corner section at XL that happened to be positioned closer to the court than some of the side 200 sections due to how it hung out over the arena.

Just be careful how you word it though. One year I requested to be placed in a side section compared to an end or corner section. They interpreted that as exactly half-court and placed us exactly in the middle but almost against the wall. There were fans from the opposing teams that sat a lot closer to the court than we did. I was not happy! I simply wanted to be in a side section compared to a corner or end. Suggesting a specific section # or two seemed to get us the best results as long as we didn't ask for a section that was far from what our points total dictated.

Now I sit with someone who has a lot more points than I have accrued and am in the lower section about 7 rows up from the floor. Unfortunately, that's the only way to get really good seats if you haven't accrued a lot of points and/or don't have a lot of disposable income to contribute to the University.

Now I know the first idea doesn't help you this year, but try it out next year and see what happens. Note that the company that has taken over this process has changed since I use to write in specific instructions, so there's not guarantee it will improve your seating. It's worth a try though.

Reaction Score
Dogmania....thanks for your insight! I took advantage of donating and buying my seats online at the Uconn website and there was no place, as far as I remember, to request a specific area. I will send in my bigger donation, ticket payment via snail mail next year and try to request a better seat. Didn't mind my seats last year as I got to know the fans around me and it was a real diehard Uconn section!

Reaction Score
Wanna hear a good one...got Husky value seats at Gampel (3 seats) and and XL tix (6 seats) for the 3rd or 4th year in a row, and they give me seats 3,5 & 6 at Gampel. WTF?!?!?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'd be very happy with that result

(same as last year that is)

Reaction Score
Hooskies and Willie99......When I saw the tix I was disappointed that I wasn't lower but I also found it to be a good omen for this year!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hooskies and Willie99......When I saw the tix I was disappointed that I wasn't lower but I also found it to be a good omen for this year!

I hope that's the case

I also loved the seats that I've had the last 5 years, I'm hoping for the same

we have cut our donation in half starting last year, I'm hoping we don't start going backwards

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am a new donor (donated the last 2 years) and last year I was issued sec 213 row m at the XL center. I thought that I would get better seats this year but my tickets arrived today and now I am in the same sec and row!

Now that you are veteran ticket holder, it's time to learn the proper terminology - SALY. Same as last year. I request SALY. Next year, call the ticket office in advance and have them work with you. A kinder, gentler experience has been promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom