Same Ole #t | The Boneyard

Same Ole #t

Reaction Score
Same Ole thing, missed tackles, stupid penalties(Come on Rosa WTF), QB missing his receivers over and over. Defensive coaching not keying on NC St's QB even after he already burned you for two rushing TD's. Missed tackle after missed tackle just killed this game. They kept it closer than last year but still, clean up ..ups and you can win that game. GO HUSKIES!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A 10 point loss to a middle of the pack power conference team that didn't get called for a single live ball penalty the entire game is not bad. I don't think UConn played particularly well either. Duke and Tennessee are the only two opponents left that UConn probably can't beat. There is a lot to be optimistic about.

Reaction Score
I thought Mora called a good game. Guys were in position, they just couldn't make plays.

The offense was bad. If we play offense like that all year, we will win 5-6 games again even if the defense holds everyone under 20ppg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought Mora called a good game. Guys were in position, they just couldn't make plays.

The offense was bad. If we play offense like that all year, we will win 5-6 games again even if the defense holds everyone under 20ppg

One meaningful complaint: I didn't love the effort. I will chalk it up to first game confusion, but I don't want to see so many players jogging next week.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The game showed our floor is pretty similar to last year. Let’s hope we have a higher ceiling.

Reaction Score
One meaningful complaint: I didn't love the effort. I will chalk it up to first game confusion, but I don't want to see so many players jogging next week.
yeah the effort was not good. receivers did not try and get open when they finished their routes, defenders on the other side of the field weren't getting in on the plays. punt coverage was especially bad. special teams sucked last year too.

Reaction Score
yeah the effort was not good. receivers did not try and get open when they finished their routes, defenders on the other side of the field weren't getting in on the plays. punt coverage was especially bad. special teams sucked last year too.
We need a new special teams coach. There were too many comically bad plays last year, and looking at some of the returns this game, I'm worried the same will happen at Tennessee. It'll be hard enough playing there without giving up a punt return for TD

Reaction Score
Same Ole thing, missed tackles, stupid penalties(Come on Rosa WTF), QB missing his receivers over and over. Defensive coaching not keying on NC St's QB even after he already burned you for two rushing TD's. Missed tackle after missed tackle just killed this game. They kept it closer than last year but still, clean up ..ups and you can win that game. GO HUSKIES!!
I just got back from the game. Good thing was that fans turned up.

NC State looked like it just has better athletes, even if we played a tighter game. Think this is just a sign that we need to continue building and getting better recruits.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

A few examples:

The wheel route in the first half had our receiver wide open and he was jogging until it was too late. Either he badly misjudged the pass or he wasn't hustling. It cost us a TD.

UConn was punting from midfield, and the punt bounced on about the 10 yard line and rolled into the end zone while the coverage pulled up at the 15.

Football games often come down to a handful of plays, and a team has to play with 110% effort to have a chance to make those plays.

Reaction Score
A few examples:

The wheel route in the first half had our receiver wide open and he was jogging until it was too late. Either he badly misjudged the pass or he wasn't hustling. It cost us a TD.

UConn was punting from midfield, and the punt bounced on about the 10 yard line and rolled into the end zone while the coverage pulled up at the 15.

Football games often come down to a handful of plays, and a team has to play with 110% effort to have a chance to make those plays.
Yeah people were saying Fagnano missed on the wheel route but Houston shuffled halfway through the route. Those are some of the hardest catch and throws in football but it was a great ball

Reaction Score
UConn is better than last year, but the linebackers had a very bad game and it was the difference in the game. The DLine got pressure but couldn’t bring Armstrong down. The WR in general struggled to get open and then dropped several catchable passes when they did. You won’t win many games with sub-100 passing yards in non-garbage time (I don’t think Fagano was the problem).

If NC State is the 4th best team in the ACC, UConn would probably be #6 or 7.

Reaction Score
We let that one slip away. Great run for the TD until the flip into the end zone. That along with the late hit literally gave the game to State. Play that game 5 times and we win 4.

Well, I have to work from home for a few weeks because I shot my mouth off all week saying that we should win by two touchdowns.

Reaction Score

NC State looked like it just has better athletes, even if we played a tighter game. Think this is just a sign that we need to continue building and getting better recruits.
I agree- I was at the game
Excellent crowd with good energy.
The NC State QB won the game for them.....rushing. UConn missed a lot of backfield tackles.
I thought UConn put up a decent effort for game 1 against a solid team

Reaction Score
Thanks for attending the game. Do you think UConn in a few years will be a possible addition to the B1G?

Reaction Score
A 10 point loss to a middle of the pack power conference team that didn't get called for a single live ball penalty the entire game is not bad. I don't think UConn played particularly well either. Duke and Tennessee are the only two opponents left that UConn probably can't beat. There is a lot to be optimistic about.
but there are very few opportunities left to get a quality win. in the era of conference realignment, no one will care if we went 8-4 if all we beat were G5 teams, and got swept by the ACC+SEC.

Reaction Score
but there are very few opportunities left to get a quality win. in the era of conference realignment, no one will care if we went 8-4 if all we beat were G5 teams, and got swept by the ACC+SEC.
Just enjoy the game and don’t worry about that.

Reaction Score
A few examples:

2 punts for touchbacks. No kickoffs for touchbacks. We need the opposite.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We’re never getting in. Just enjoy what you can.

Reaction Score
Duke and Tennessee are the only two opponents left that UConn probably can't beat. There is a lot to be optimistic about.
So it's optimistic to look forward to losing games??? :confused:
Yes they did and as the second half progressed by the forth quarter only us hard core were left. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom