Same Natalie vs GW | The Boneyard

Same Natalie vs GW

Reaction Score
I watched GM vs GW today. Jen's GW team won. Natalie was smart to drop down a level. A nice woman, definitely a top of the heap mid-major player.

She wouldn't see any time at all if she were at UCONN. She would be backing up Kyla.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I watched some of the game too and was impressed with her double double. She does seem to be a bit more comfortable out there on the court knowing she doesn't have to be looking over her shoulder to see when she was going to be subbed for.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I watched GM vs GW today. Jen's GW team won. Natalie was smart to drop down a level. A nice woman, definitely a top of the heap mid-major player.

She wouldn't see any time at all if she were at UCONN. She would be backing up Kyla.
During the time when Lou was not playing, and especially after Azura got four fouls in the Notre Dame game, it would have lowered our collective blood pressure if Nat were available on the UConn bench. It would be useful to have more than one true "big" player.

She would NOT be playing behind Kyla Irwin.

Reaction Score
Agreeing with all the above: sure, Natalie is better off where she is and she we likely really won't "need" her this year. But she played crucial minutes--some of them very effectively--last year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, she missed a lot of critical free throws down (2 for 6) the stretch before GW pulled away in the 4th quarter. Not really a type A stalwart. Natalie is a good small college player dominating smaller players physically but she is generally limited to shots near the basket. Her publicity will help her with international opportunities but I do not see her making the WNBA. There is no shame in that.

Reaction Score

There is no way she would be backing up Kyla. No comparison at this point.

Reaction Score
During the time when Lou was not playing, and especially after Azura got four fouls in the Notre Dame game, it would have lowered our collective blood pressure if Nat were available on the UConn bench. It would be useful to have more than one true "big" player.

Thanks to whoever sent the post out on this game being televised. Enjoyable to watch. Nat would be scoring 25+ each game if she had good guards. Nat's UConn training shows in her footwork, positioning, and conditioning. First one down the floor on both ends. Even with being doubled or tripled each play, she typically got open but rarely got ball. What I didn't realize was in addition to her rebounding, much of the offense goes through her, she is one of the main press breakers, and the primary passer in setting the offense. If this game is any indication, her stats have been achieved while 2-3 girls are hammering her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect there are a number of fans who feel jilted/disappointed by Natalie because she did not become the dominant big we so hoped for. But it puzzles me that we can so embrace and downright love walk ons who never play a meaningful minute in their careers as a Husky and feel the need to put out negative comments about someone like Natalie. Free country, but to me it is gratuitous and graceless.

Reaction Score

Absolutely! No Doubt. While having Ms Butler on the Bench would be a great relief valve--it would not , IMO, been beneficial for Natalie. I reluctantly agree with the poster who said: Nat now no longer looks to the bench unknowing when she'd be pulled---coaches confidence is a great asset to a player. Apparently at GM the coach looks at Natalie as the horse to ride for success---nice to be needed.
Nat if she stayed would be next after Z--not Irwin.

Reaction Score
I suspect there are a number of fans who feel jilted/disappointed by Natalie because she did not become the dominant big we so hoped for. But it puzzles me that we can so embrace and downright love walk ons who never play a meaningful minute in their careers as a Husky and feel the need to put out negative comments about someone like Natalie. Free country, but to me it is gratuitous and graceless.
I'm not jilted but was a bit disappointed in the "game" Natalie played at Uconn. We saw at GT and now at GM what she is capable of doing. As I said in previous post---Coach confidence is a great asset for a player, now she has that in spades..

Reaction Score
Agreeing with all the above: sure, Natalie is better off where she is and she we likely really won't "need" her this year. But she played crucial minutes--some of them very effectively--last year.
Taking your post one step further---Natalie wasn't "needed" last year. Having another BIG on the bench then and now is one great asset for Geno. Natalie found a home that loves her..

Reaction Score
Butler was an important sub for UConn and we were lucky to have her last season. If she would have stayed at UConn she would have been player number 8 or 9 in the rotation and get maybe 10 min. A game so I'm happy for her that she is playing the game she loves and having a great season.
As a UConn fan I think a lot of us were hoping for a Dolson 2.0 but that never happened as she is just a different player....better rebounder but less skilled in passing or post moves and she had a problem with catching passes and making quick decisions which you have to be able to do when playing for UConn.
I was curious to see what she looks like playing for her new team and she looks to be in a great shape and confident. Clearly the change was good for her!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom