SamC2 and Omar | The Boneyard

SamC2 and Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Start with Omar. Guy has had nothing but huge fan support (at least using the BY as a sampling) over the last year and a half. How much did being a member of the Puerto Rico Four damage the good will with you? For me, not so much - without knowing the details, it's hard to say.

SamC2 - after the first couple games I asked whether his high rate of hitting 3s and seeming all-around polished game were, perhaps, an RJE-effect. By which I mean, he looked very good against inferior competition, but measurably worse against good D-I comp. Not prepared to conclude anything at this point, but his Fishy-noted gunning over the last few games, with the lack of successful results, may simply be just his lack of athleticism being made obvious by the superior defenses we're now seeing. Hope that's not the case, but exhibition game SamC2 may have been just an RJE flash in the pan.

Reaction Score
Cassell wasn't missing open shots because the players who weren't on him were less athletic than the ones from earlier games. He just missed a lot of shots. He's going to be a troubling player at times, because he's too slow to do much else.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
A lot of our shots both threes and fts rattled in and out. Stupid rims

Reaction Score
Cassell is not taking tough contested jumpers with defenders on him, he's missing mostly wide open looks that don't look any different than what he was taking during the exhibition games. He needs to knock those down.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Anyone here ever hear of Tom Heinsohn? He was known as a shooter. I saw him play a game at MSG against the Knicks where he went 0-15. Very few guys who are not lights out shooters don't go through shaky stretches because even great shooters do.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Start with Omar. Guy has had nothing but huge fan support (at least using the BY as a sampling) over the last year and a half. How much did being a member of the Puerto Rico Four damage the good will with you? For me, not so much - without knowing the details, it's hard to say.

SamC2 - after the first couple games I asked whether his high rate of hitting 3s and seeming all-around polished game were, perhaps, an RJE-effect. By which I mean, he looked very good against inferior competition, but measurably worse against good D-I comp. Not prepared to conclude anything at this point, but his Fishy-noted gunning over the last few games, with the lack of successful results, may simply be just his lack of athleticism being made obvious by the superior defenses we're now seeing. Hope that's not the case, but exhibition game SamC2 may have been just an RJE flash in the pan.

Please tell me that "Puerto Rico Four" won't become a long-lasting thing...

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Puerto Rico Four . Lol . Beautiful !!!!

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
Please tell me that "Puerto Rico Four" won't become a long-lasting thing...
No, Mano correctly referenced "Puerto Rico Cuatro".

Reaction Score

I was a huge fan of Sam Cassell and excited to get Sam Jr. I hope I'm wrong but after watching Jr Saturday I'm getting concerned he's not a high division 1 caliber player. He doesn't appear to be an elite ball handler or shooter, and as a combo guard not being great at either one is worrisome. Again, as with any of these new guys, we're talking about too small a sample size to draw a definitive conclusion but it seems like we have reason to be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom