Sam I am Jr. thoughts | The Boneyard

Sam I am Jr. thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love this commitment. Cassell has been taught very well by his dad and has picked up a lot of his moves. He has that old man game and can score in a variety of ways, looks to have the same deadly step back midrange game that his dad had. After years of small backcourts we are going to have some serious size in the future. Cassell is going to be ready to step in right away because he will have age and experience to go along with his skillset. The reports that he gets after it defensively are great to hear, we are going to have a lot of different looks to throw at teams. I like this signing more than if we had gotten Snider, it's also really cool to have his dad be a part of Husky nation.

Reaction Score
I think you bring up a great point about having size in the backcourt.

I absolutely love the way Ollie is building this roster. The NBA has been transitioning away from set positions for a few years now - for instance, more hybrid lineups with guys like LeBron playing the 4 - and it's no surprise to see KO follow suit.

He seems to be bringing in guys (Purvis, Cassell Jr., Hamilton) who are big and versatile enough to play multiple positions. That type of versatility makes it easier to match up with opponents no matter what type of style they play.

Add in Robinson (unlikely) or Swift (seems very Roscoe-ish physically and athletically) and Ollie has himself a pretty complete class for his first go-around at recruiting.

Reaction Score
I love this commitment. Cassell has been taught very well by his dad and has picked up a lot of his moves. He has that old man game and can score in a variety of ways, looks to have the same deadly step back midrange game that his dad had. After years of small backcourts we are going to have some serious size in the future. Cassell is going to be ready to step in right away because he will have age and experience to go along with his skillset. The reports that he gets after it defensively are great to hear, we are going to have a lot of different looks to throw at teams. I like this signing more than if we had gotten Snider, it's also really cool to have his dad be a part of Husky nation.

Agree 100% on this part, and that's not sour grapes talking. I'm not gonna pretend like I've seen either in person but just in watching the videos Cassell seems like he has more skill to his game.

Reaction Score
We will certainly have a lot of scorers next year, and I'm starting to think a pass first point like Samuel is the perfect compliment for them.

Agreed - I think people are underrating Samuel because he didn't come out of school with much buzz. But he'll have a chance to learn from an ex-pro and a future pro, and he has the size and vision to make him a dominant college guard.

Reaction Score
While I dk if he or Snider would have been better. I love this pick up. Cassell was underrated coming out of high school now a redshirt year plus a year playing high level juco. Casell will be an old Sophomore with a mature game. For a backup plan this is a tremendous get.

Down the road him and Samuels would really compliment each other.

Reaction Score
You don't need to look past video to see the kid can flat out score the basketball and while maybe not 6'4 he's a solid 6'2 1/2-6'3" and that's great...........will have a year of JUCO and some prep under his belt so he comes in with a maturity factor some frosh can't bring with them either........GREAT get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom