Sam Cassell Jr | The Boneyard

Sam Cassell Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Thought he deserved his own thread.

Obviously not great competition last night skill-wise, but Cassell looked as good as anyone out there. I expect the 2-5 from the line was an anomaly., and otherwise looked like a good defender and 3 point threat. And more importantly he showed poise. I'm not saying tsi is the case predominantly, but he looked even more composed than Boatright last night. I could see him in the game in crunch time this year, and I wouldn't have said that before last night.

His last year of eligibility is going to come with a very exciting backcourt between he and TSam (not to mention Adams likely staying).

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Skill-wise, Cassell is a top 20 recruit. He just never got that kind of respect from the ranking services because he doesn't project as a great NBA player (tweener & not super athletic).

He's gonna have a lot of good nights at Gampel. Three years of 'em.

Reaction Score
i said in a previous thread i thought we were all sleeping on Sam Cassell Jr, while everyone was declaring Rock a one and done (smh). he didn't exactly play against chumps last year and put up really great numbers (19.5 i think?). fundamentally sound, solid handle, can be the shooter that TSam isn't just yet. just a solid weapon.

Reaction Score
Skill-wise, Cassell is a top 20 recruit. He just never got that kind of respect from the ranking services because he doesn't project as a great NBA player (tweener & not super athletic).

He's gonna have a lot of good nights at Gampel. Three years of 'em.

That's partly because he's always been old for his class. In fact, he's the oldest guy on this team.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Can't remember Sam Sr. missing a clutch free throw. And he never had great speed but always got himself a good look. Tough player.. Kid looks the same.

Reaction Score
I said awhile ago when its all said and done we'll be comparing Cassell Jr's career with the PGs of 2014 that the staff "missed" on jus like we did with Kemba and Bazz. Not saying he'll have the same career as them, but I'm confident in dude having a very productive career here, too skilled.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Deandre Kane from ISU was a little over a month shy of 25 when we faced him in the tournament.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
remember the Pitt teams in the 2000s. They had a bunch of guys in their mid 20s... who looked 30.

Reaction Score
Kids who are the offspring of a player, or good coach, tend to overachieve. I think San is going to be a real solid player for his 3 years here.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Krauser-iffic

There's a name right there, Krauser. Hopefully he can be as good on offense, because I think he's a good bet to be a more disruptive defender.

Reaction Score
If you watched his dad played, you knew that his son would be a player. Sam Sr. had little to no athleticism, a funky/strange, old man game when he was 20, and he looked like an alien. Yet, he was a 15 year pro, an all star, multiple nba champion, and a career 16 and 6 guy. From watching videos of his son, even when we were recruiting him prior to him go juco, you could see the same strange yet very effective game. Sam Jr. is going to be an absolute steal.

Reaction Score
I said awhile ago when its all said and done we'll be comparing Cassell Jr's career with the PGs of 2014 that the staff "missed" on jus like we did with Kemba and Bazz. Not saying he'll have the same career as them, but I'm confident in dude having a very productive career here, too skilled.

For me, the most positive Sam takeaway from Tuesday (even moreso than his shooting) was how natural and comfortable he looked at the point guard position. That's a tremendous insurance policy given the "combo-ish" nature of Samuel, Purvis, and possibly Adams.

Reaction Score
am I alone in my wishing that we make some runs and have some shots to the crowd of Sam Sr. maybe hanging out at the final four with Walter Ray Ray rooting for our Huskies?

Not sure of Ray and Sam Sr's dynamic, I assume they're cool from the Milwaukee days, but something tells me Sam isn't the kind of guy Ray surrounds himself with. Then again, there was that tweet that Ray's 'hacked' twitter sent out...

Reaction Score
Cassell Jr's game is perfect for our offense... especially in our half court set... which we've always had issues with.. We've been an a team that likes to run... sprinkle this kid's game with our ability to run and, down the road, because this team will have to mature over the course of the season, we are gonna be a problem, even for the almight one and done U, Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom