Sally Jenkins on Chamique and her bout with depression | The Boneyard

Sally Jenkins on Chamique and her bout with depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Washington Post column: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...f-depression/2012/05/17/gIQAoUe7WU_story.html

When Mique showed up at Tennessee, she was the best women's player I had seen live. Wearing #23, she looked a little like Jordan, plus had a little Earl Monroe in her game. She had moves like a guy--in a good way. The only player I have seen since a better jump shot, more athleticism, and more overall coordination is Maya Moore.

Mique took basketball to a high level, but couldn't overcome her inner demons to go higher or even sustain it. It sounds as if she has gotten her life in order finally. I am not a Tennesseee fan at all, but she was one great player. Best wishes to her!

Reaction Score
In her senior year at Christ the King, Ms Holdsclaw wrote an ongoing diary that appeared regularly in the New York Daily News. At the time, she appeared to be your typical teenager nurturing a boatload of potential with oceans of possibilities awaiting them. Who knew of the white whales that would wreak havoc on her calm seas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom