Sadie Edwards playing with Espinoza-Hunter at Blair | The Boneyard

Sadie Edwards playing with Espinoza-Hunter at Blair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is a nice article and a followup on a post I made a few weeks ago. The Philly Belles team is loaded with talent that is very young and very interested in UConn. Danielle Patterson is 6'3 and her dad is a Geno fan as is Danielle. I was told Danielle is working out with coaches getting her ready for college and is the next NY star. Claire Moloney 6'2 has attended UConn games. She was at UConn for the Baylor game sitting front row with her mom who was quoted as saying. " I wont be watching Claire on SNY I will be at the games." Sitting behind Moloney was Espinoza-Hunter with Saniya and Coach Ricci at the Baylor game. A lot of promise for Uconns future.

Andra Espinoza-Hunter a 6-foot-1 guard from New York has just recently transferred from Ossining high school in westchester county New York to Blair Academy in New Jersey for her freshman year.Last season Espinoza-Hunter played as an eight grader alongside UConn commit Saniya Chong at the prestigious Nike TOC Event in Phoneix,Arizona.Now at Blair Academy a college preparatory high school with concrete academics and a great girls basketball program in place Espinoza-Hunter will play with and compete against a higher caliber of competition than her previous high school. As lucky as it gets to be a promising young prospect Espinoza-Hunter will get a chance to play with another UConn commit in Senior 5-foot-9 guard Sadie Edwards. Espinoza-Hunter has just recently made another power move by joining the Philly Belles travel club program and will play along side fellow class of 2017 high school freshmen: Danielle Patterson 6-3;Jaala Henry 6-3;Claire Moloney 6-2 and Sydney Lowery 5-9.

Reaction Score
TONY: even when factoring in your famous and welcome exuberance, this remains a very sweet read and encouraging news for the future. Hope we're all here for this 9th grader!! Very interesting stuff...thanks. Oh, by the way, do you know which high school Moloney attends??

sTu

Reaction Score
Appreciate the update Tony. The NY-NJ area has certainly been kind to the UConn program. Bird, Jones, Hartley, Dolson, Stewart, Chong, Charles, etc.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update Tony. Where should I go (site(s)) to keep up with these girls? Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
NY, NJ, CA, SC, GA and now Texas are hot beds for future UCONN talent....Every game of UCONN is on TV and future recruits from all over the country can dream about a future with UCONN on their jersey.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I really believe there are a lot of girls who want to play for UConn. For various reasons some are fear coming here and others are not up to UConn standards. To those girls I say, just try. Do what ever it takes. Its worth it. You will pay a huge price, in advance and the rewards you will reap will last a life time. Its not about being the best its about being the best.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Its not about being the best its about being the best.

Hey Tony over the years you've come up with some good ones...mind explaining this one?

Reaction Score

Hey Tony over the years you've come up with some good ones...mind explaining this one?
Is this a Yogism???????

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really believe there are a lot of girls who want to play for UConn. For various reasons some are fear coming here and others are not up to UConn standards. To those girls I say, just try. Do what ever it takes. Its worth it. You will pay a huge price, in advance and the rewards you will reap will last a life time. Its not about being the best its about being the best.
The interesting thing to me is that recent history at Uconn is full of great teammates that were not the highest talent in the land but contributed a huge amount to the success of the program - for every Maya or Tiffany there is a Meghan or Heather. It is attitude and commitment that makes a Uconn player. So, yes, I agree with you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Tony-does-not-pppnko.jpg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I don't see a link to the article....where did it go?

My bad...I assume the article is in the post itself with no link required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom