Saddiq Bey is back on the market. | The Boneyard

Saddiq Bey is back on the market.

Reaction Score
Saddiq Bey and NC State parted ways late Tuesday night. Bey now becomes the highest rated available prospect in the 2018 class.
Coach Hurley recruited him at URI.

Reaction Score
Don’t think Hurley is going to add to 2018 anymore. Don’t see him shuffling scholarships

Reaction Score
Tell someone to kick rocks if the right guy comes along. It’s college basketball and if guys don’t fit the new coach it is part of big time college basketball. Heck, at our top 20 juco it happens more often than not, & that’s just renewing schollies from yr to yr. I have no idea how good Bey is but usually guys that pick NC $tate are concerned with money and kind of having it easy.

New coach has good pedigree though unlike the rampant cheaters like Gottfried etc so I’d be more open than 3-20 years ago.

pj

Reaction Score
I'd be very disappointed if we traded Emmitt Matthews for Bey.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'd be very disappointed if we traded Emmitt Matthews for Bey.
I don't get it; we already lost Matthews, apparently because Hurley didn't want him, according to the Hurley insiders here.

Reaction Score
I don't get it; we already lost Matthews, apparently because Hurley didn't want him, according to the Hurley insiders here.
Hurley also hasn’t been linked to wanting Bey

pj

Reaction Score

Yes. The point is that Bey is a similar but inferior player to Matthews, so if Hurley were to go after Bey now, it would demonstrate that he made a mistake in letting Matthews go. I would be disappointed if Hurley had made such a mistake and then changed his mind about his team's needs only a few weeks later.

Reaction Score
Yes. The point is that Bey is a similar but inferior player to Matthews, so if Hurley were to go after Bey now, it would demonstrate that he made a mistake in letting Matthews go. I would be disappointed if Hurley had made such a mistake and then changed his mind about his team's needs only a few weeks later.
Bey is not inferior to Matthews. His rankings, numbers, and offers are all superior. I liked Matthews, but Bey is a better prospect.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If Hurley reaches out to him, I hope Bey texts back.
upload_2018-5-16_12-23-0.jpeg
That face when Bey finally texts back

pj

Reaction Score
Bey is not inferior to Matthews. His rankings, numbers, and offers are all superior. I liked Matthews, but Bey is a better prospect.

Maybe, let's see how they do in college.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Love Hurley as a UConn fan but as a dentist I'm appalled.

Dan, if you're gonna have work done go for the entire, visible smile line and not just the four anterior veneers. Rookie move.

Looks like he got #13 removed? Me too! And so did my brother. I guess my family has bad tooth 13 in our DNA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bey is ranked #28 of small forwards and Matthews Jr is ranked #56
Scouting grade is Bey 81 (4*) and Matthews Jr 79 (3*)
There is a bit of a difference with the edge going to Bey
I loved EM Jr's game and thought it was a great get for KO and was disappointed when he/DH decided to part ways
Everyone from Huggie Bear to the fans at WVU are loving the kid
I say that if this kid can help and is an upgrade to any scholly player we have now and DH had a connection with Bey grab him - I would be disappointed in DH if that doesn't happen. An upgrade is an upgrade

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom