Sad to say temple has our number | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sad to say temple has our number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This one was hard to watch. All I have to say was the team was shocked when Temple hit those 4 threes on four straight possessions and I think it really screwed up their composure and their offense couldn't properly function in short they panicked. We needed a score right then and there and right after Ollie's time out he drew up a play for Miller in the post which seems to be our only high percentage offensive play and Temple anticipated that and took that away from them. Basically this team is great defensively but offensively they are challenged. We still don't have a "go to guy" (I mean if we had a Shabazz or Boatright how good do you think this was team would be) and our situation at the PG spot is precarious (Jalen can't shoot from distance, isn't strong, mature, and experienced enough in spite of him being an elite handler and playmaker and Gibbs doesn't have the handle and playmaking that our system requires but could work well as a SG). Our bigs aren't strong nor skilled enough. Ollie is a great coach and you can see he plays well with what he has. Just look at our defense, and our interior scoring in spite of a lackluster front court. We can't blame Ollie for this one nor can we say Temple has our number cause they won these close games mostly as a result of luck and our errors. Still though this loss really stings.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
For all you Ollie haters would you trade him for Dunphy? Listen to what you're saying for a second.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Totally inexcusable to lose four straight to this scrub ass team. How did they let not only tonight but the first 3 happen? We say we're a basketball power then lose 4 straight to Temple. All I have to say is these dudes need to look in the mirror and decide if they're okay being Temple's biotch...because that's what they are at this point. Throw out the titles because none of that matters right now this teams identity is Temple's biotch.

Reaction Score
For all you Ollie haters would you trade him for Dunphry? Listen to what you're saying for a second.
Dunphy is at least 4-1 vs Ollie.....with far less talent. So yes, I would.

Reaction Score
Dunphy is at least 4-1 vs Ollie.....with far less talent. So yes, I would.
The coach of the Huskies...Fran Dunphy. You're probably just dying for the Lakers to come calling and we can hire Fran Dunphy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The coach of the Huskies...Fran Dunphy. You're probably just dying for the Lakers to come calling and we can hire Fran Dunphy.

Would be a worse hire than PP.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Temple has our number...SMU has our number...Tulsa has our number...at least Cincinnati only has it 50% of the time.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
We did beat Tulsa 2/3 times last year.

throw me in the Tulsa is 50/50 camp. Game we will win in CT every time and lose on the road with regularity (2-0 at XL, 0-2 in Tulsa)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We did beat Tulsa 2/3 times last year.

Good point.

Can you imagine a point in time where UConn Basketball would be relieved to find we were .500 against Tulsa?

Reaction Score
Any UConn fan who would trade Ollie for Fran Dunphy is out of their **** mind. Fran is a great guy who stresses academics and keeps his team out of trouble. He's also a very good game day coach however your recruiting would go down the toilet just like ours did under Dunphy. I'm sure most smart Temple fans would gladly take Ollie if you guys wanted to make that trade. A decent number of us actually want Fran out but the school won't do it until his contract is up unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom