Sad Covid Story... Asia Durr May Never Play Again | The Boneyard

Sad Covid Story... Asia Durr May Never Play Again

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One of the nicest, sweetest women to ever play WBB. This is a shame beyond shames. I'll never forget her loss to UConn in 2019 when she hugged and congratulated every UConn player and coach. A stand up woman that deserves better than this. If there's any justice in this world this will just be a setback.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just keep her in your prayers. May her absolute tenacity on the courts help her as she recovers in 2021.

Hopefully Real Sports can soon air an update that she is a recovered long hauler.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
First and foremost I am sending prayers to her and her family!! This virus is very deadly with so many unknowns!! Please continue to wear your masks, wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, stay 6ft. apart, disinfect your homes, etc. Be blessed and safe!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This virus really sucks. Durr is/was? a great player who, at the 2019 regional finals almost single-handedly brought Louisville back from a late 4th qtr deficit vs UConn, only to fall short. She is also a player that Geno recruited very hard and has enormous respect for.

The fact that Durr opted out of the 2020 season as a “Medical High Risk” indicates a preexisting condition that likely exacerbated her bout with the disease. I truly hope she gets back on the court. Her story is a precautionary tale for young people who believe the virus is not something they need to worry about.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
This virus really sucks. Durr is/was? a great player who, at the 2019 regional finals almost single-handedly brought Louisville back from a late 4th qtr deficit vs UConn, only to fall short. She is also a player that Geno recruited very hard and has enormous respect for.

The fact that Durr opted out of the 2020 season as a “Medical High Risk” indicates a preexisting condition that likely exacerbated her bout with the disease. I truly hope she gets back on the court. Her story is a precautionary tale for young people who believe the virus is not something they need to worry about.

She opted out of the bubble about a month after her Covid diagnosis -- likely because she wasn't getting any better.

Reaction Score
Sad to hear. I almost died from it myself. The way back is slow, but things do get better. Lung scarring can take 1-2 years to recover.

Reaction Score
Terrible and so so sad! She is/was a great player and i wish her a full recovery and that she can get back to the game she loves so much!

Reaction Score
I really like Asia, great attitude and talent.
Pray her to recover soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom