Sacred Heart's E.J. Anosike to Transfer | The Boneyard

Sacred Heart's E.J. Anosike to Transfer

Reaction Score
Big guy who averaged 15 pts and 11 boards/ game.... could be a nice piece. Had 12 and 7 against us to start the year. Immediately eligible.

Reaction Score
Really hard to see who and what. Between Fatts, CV coming back (maybe) the AG situation. It’s all getting very complicated. But I’m the case CV doesn’t return or AG then I absolutely agree would be a solid piece.

Reaction Score
Short for a 4 (6'6), but very strong build and his efficiency stats are great. Much better than Broome's were at Sacred Heart for example. Definitely seems worth looking into with a hole in the frontcourt next year.

Liked him plays bigger as you said, seems to have a nice overall game. Will check his stats against the better competition to see but he looked like he could fit.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Short for a 4 (6'6), but very strong build and his efficiency stats are great. Much better than Broome's were at Sacred Heart for example. Definitely seems worth looking into with a hole in the frontcourt next year.

2.3 bpm in the NEC seems like a depth piece at best in the NBE.

I’m not gonna hate it, but how much of an impact is he moving up to that level?

Reaction Score
2.3 bpm in the NEC seems like a depth piece at best in the NBE.

I’m not gonna hate it, but how much of an impact is he moving up to that level?
That's kind of relative because he was the best player on a very bad team. A smaller role might yield better results. I could see him being a solid role player and someone to monitor this spring at least.

the Q

Reaction Score
That's kind of relative because he was the best player on a very bad team. A smaller role might yield better results. I could see him being a solid role player and someone to monitor this spring at least.

If he can improve his 3 ball he can definitely fit the team role wise.

and like I said on another thread, a grad transfer might be more ideal since we already have 2 frosh bigs on The 2020 roster next year (springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson)

Reaction Score
If he can improve his 3 ball he can definitely fit the team role wise.

and like I said on another thread, a grad transfer might be more ideal since we already have 2 frosh bigs on The 2020 roster next year (springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson)
Right with you there

Reaction Score
Bummed for Sacred Heart (my dad is an alum, my sister is a professor and I go to a few of their home games each year) but this guy deserves an opportunity to finish his career in a bigger spotlight.

Anosike has an absolute motor, but he's also a smart and skilled player. In the NEC, he's showed what he can do against low D1 talent, but I could see him playing a support role in a bigger conference to help diversify his pro (Europe) resume.

He's the biggest transfer out of Sacred Heart since Quincy McKnight.

After a good year, Sacred Heart is going to have a lot of trouble replacing Anosike and Cameron Parker.

Reaction Score
What will he bring that 6'4'' Adams can't? Seems like we give up and awful lot of versatility for a couple of inches of height.

He's a bigger guy period and a real PF, Adams is not. He's a much better rebounder as he should be. His 6'6.5 plays bigger and can be used alongside either Whaley or Josh. They just aren't the same players at all.

Reaction Score
He's a bigger guy period and a real PF, Adams is not. He's a much better rebounder as he should be. His 6'6.5 plays bigger and can be used alongside either Whaley or Josh. They just aren't the same players at all.
There's all of that and the fact that we'll still have Adams and all of his versatility

Reaction Score
Had 20 against Providence, which was one third of SHU's total points (60) that game.

Seems like a solid option for a bench big for next year. He's from New Jersey, so there may be a Hurley connection somewhere there.

Reaction Score
Jake Weingarten reports that Anosike is down to his final seven:

Boston College, Georgia, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Louisville, Tennessee, Wake Forest.

Impressive list! Best of luck!

Anosike is one of the most impressive players I've watched live over the last few years and he's an easy player to root for. Always plays his heart out on the court!

the Q

Reaction Score

Boston College, Georgia, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Louisville, Tennessee, Wake Forest.

out of that list I’m hoping for tenn or wake.

good luck to the kid.

Reaction Score

Anosike is one of the most impressive players I've watched live over the last few years and he's an easy player to root for. Always plays his heart out on the court!

Wonder if our staff was even involved ever? They know best for sure. Good luck to the kid, nice player no doubt will help someone.

Reaction Score

My prediction: Georgetown.

Only four players return with over 10 mpg from this season and four of their committed 10 scholarships are freshman.

Great school, great conference and great opportunity for a starting role. I can see a Georgetown starting lineup of Blair/McClung/Anosike/Pickett/Wahab.

Reaction Score
Good for Anosike!

Great program, great coach and he has a lot of Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield in his game!

For the last few years, Tennessee has been one of my favorite programs to watch, so glad he's at a great school in a great conference!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom