Sabrina Ionescu | The Boneyard

Sabrina Ionescu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the continuing saga of Sabrina she hardly played today against Ole Miss and scored only 2 points. Oregon lost to Mississippi 83-67. Except for their centers, Miss is very quick and caused many turnovers. Oregon is far from a polished team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Was it her attitude? :p
LOL good one! My first thought (and I say this with all due kindness to the OP), but why do we need to post about this? I don't see daily threads on Lauren Cox, Joyner Holmes, Destiny Slocum, Erin Boley, or any of the other "top" freshmen. I fully understand that we can ignore a thread, but I do fail to see the point of posting on Ms. Ionescu's every game... and hope this does not become a trend...

If I start seeing "Lauren Cox had frosted flakes for breakfast" or "Joyner Holmes braided her hair on the opposite side for practice today", I'll pluck out my eyes...;)

Reaction Score
Ole Miss' Manuel scored 22 pts in 23 mins. She was quick and not slow at all.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
LOL good one! My first thought (and I say this with all due kindness to the OP), but why do we need to post about this? I don't see daily threads on Lauren Cox, Joyner Holmes, Destiny Slocum, Erin Boley, or any of the other "top" freshmen. I fully understand that we can ignore a thread, but I do fail to see the point of posting on Ms. Ionescu's every game... and hope this does not become a trend...

If I start seeing "Lauren Cox had frosted flakes for breakfast" or "Joyner Holmes braided her hair on the opposite side for practice today", I'll pluck out my eyes...;)
her previous game (or the one before) was huge so this is good follow up... BUT, like you, I prefer that it stays in the previous thread if you want to update.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
her previous game (or the one before) was huge so this is good follow up... BUT, like you, I prefer that it stays in the previous thread if you want to update.
The previous thread was aborted.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In the continuing saga of Sabrina she hardly played today against Ole Miss and scored only 2 points. Oregon lost to Mississippi 83-67. Except for their centers, Miss is very quick and caused many turnovers. Oregon is far from a polished team.

I'm really mystified by her paltry minutes in this game. She played the 1st quarter until the media timeout, and then just a couple minutes to start Q2 until she picked up two quick fouls. Oregon proceeded to commit 7 turnovers in the last 6 minutes of the half, with several of those turnovers leading directly to Ole Miss buckets. The pressure man D from Ole Miss really disrupted Oregon's guard play with Ionescu on the bench, and the 7-point lead when she departed the game grew to a 14-point lead by halftime.

What I don't understand is why Coach Graves kept Ionescu on the bench in the 2nd half. She didn't play that badly in the first half; she went to the bench in Q2 because of foul trouble and (as far as I could tell) showed no signs of injury. The least she'd played in any previous game was 19 minutes, but today she only played 7, all in the first half. There is no doubt that her absence left Oregon more vulnerable to Ole Miss's defensive pressure.

But credit to Ole Miss. They are athletic and quick, as ballhawk points out, and I can see why they gave West Virginia all they could handle.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Perhaps this will help

Thank you for finding this. That certainly explains it.

And this is a bad sign for Oregon. Graves says that Ionescu's thumb is "basically broken" and that they'll take x-rays back in Eugene.

Plebe

Reaction Score
An interesting footnote to this game is that it marked the reappearance of Chrishae Rowe, who has had quite the odyssey over the past 2-1/2 years. She was with Oregon under Paul Westhead when she was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Year in 2013-14, then was dismissed from the team by new coach Kelly Graves in November 2014, transferred to Kentucky in January 2015, was dismissed by Matthew Mitchell in October 2015, and then transferred to Ole Miss.

Rowe was eligible to play after the end of the fall semester, meaning that today—against Oregon, as fate would have it—marked her first collegiate game since the spring of 2014. She had 6 points in 11 minutes of play.

Reaction Score

I love Tony the Tiger and Frosted Flake! Cant eat it anymore and boy I miss it!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
As a Pac 12er, appreciate the info that I wouldn't have chased down myself.

I was surprised Oregon lost- Graves is building a program there for sure, and I don't "trust" that Mississippi is all that good, although they show signs. Coached, as you probably know, by the younger Insell (who spent some time with Mitchell of Kentucky before he got his own gig).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom