OT: - Ryder Cup Scoreboard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Ryder Cup Scoreboard

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
U.S. wins 19-9 and broke the modern day Ryder Cup record on points, the old one was 18 1/2 - 9 1/2. It was done 3 times, once by the U.S. and twice by the EU.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It was great to see the US roll over Europe. But I kind of missed the drama of a close competition that comes down to the last few matches on Sunday. This one was over early.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It was great to see the US roll over Europe. But I kind of missed the drama of a close competition that comes down to the last few matches on Sunday. This one was over early.
It's a problem when most of the intrigue was watching players risk their lives on some of those ridiculous shots on the 17th hole

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It was over yesterday, the only outcome was if the U.S. could break the record and they did. I watched it because of all of the rookies that they had on the U.S. team, the chance of breaking the record. I also watched it because this is most likely the last Ryder Cup for the EU greats of Garcia, Mcllroy, Paulter, and Westwood.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's a problem when most of the intrigue was watching players risk their lives on some of those ridiculous shots on the 17th hole
I played a lot of golf in my life. But I have absolutely no desire to tee it up at Whistling Straights.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I played a lot of golf in my life. But I have absolutely no desire to tee it up at Whistling Straights.
When I was stationed in the Netherlands and Germany I played on some golf courses that were much worse than anything I've ever played in the U.S., Whistling Straights was worse than those. The hardest course I played on was ran by the British Forces Europe in Northern Germany. The rough was never cut so you had weed grass that was above your knees and bunkers throughout. I found it easier to do the rolling ball shots and not put the ball in the air unless it was absolutely necessary.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was over yesterday, the only outcome was if the U.S. could break the record and they did. I watched it because of all of the rookies that they had on the U.S. team, the chance of breaking the record. I also watched it because this is most likely the last Ryder Cup for the EU greats of Garcia, Mcllroy, Paulter, and Westwood.

I think Garcia and McIlroy will be back. Probably not Westwood and maybe not Poulter or Casey.

Reaction Score
I was just glad to see this U.S group play like a team that cared. There are some very good young U.S. players who didn’t make the team. The future looks bright. I hope this is the beginning of the type of team spirit we saw the weekend.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great win and I enjoyed watching the last two days. That course is spectacular, but not one I ever want to play with my game - breaking 100 would be unlikely and I might need a whole box of balls. But I thought it was a pretty fair set-up. The penalties for missing fairways and greens in the wrong places were harsh but for the pros there were a lot of birdies and quite a few eagles converted - not a whole lot of holes were won with pars. The last day the wind was pretty tame, especially compared to yesterday.

Was annoyed with the TV broadcast - to much studio and interviewing while they could have been showing golf. Barley saw anything of the last four matches until after the others finished.

Reaction Score

VERY doubtful it is the last one for 32 year old Rory McIlroy. Even in a down year, he is still the second highest ranked European. And age-wise, he still may not have reached his peak.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Rory...still an elite player at 32....will be back. I loved his tearful emotion [even with the swear word....for which he immediately apologized] during the interview after
winning his single match. He was so disappointed that he hadn't helped his team more earlier in the week.
I think he was in effect saying good-bye to a few of his older teammates who have played in their last Cup.
I would not be surprised if he got his 2 year calendar out this morning and began marking off the days to Rome 2023.

Doubling down on how much good...imo...DeChambeau did for his image and popularity going forward.
Calling down Koepka...occasional combatant...for a bro-hug...was smart move. Whether it's a lull in the hostilities...or even if it was strictly a PR move...it was the right thing to do as a team player.
Given the huge entertainment value of his explosive game I bet he has the largest gallery in regular events coming up...until/unless Tiger makes another comeback.

Bryson just needs to put a governor on his mouth on occasion and not get into junior high level spats over silly nothings.
Bombing those drives straight or crooked....he is fun to watch. Really good putter tossed in.
Our 'youngsters' are better than their youngsters and we have more of those said youngsters...but it is just 3 days of golf...look for a great match in Rome.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Rory...still an elite player at 32....will be back. I loved his tearful emotion [even with the swear word....for which he immediately apologized] during the interview after
winning his single match. He was so disappointed that he hadn't helped his team more earlier in the week.
I think he was in effect saying good-bye to a few of his older teammates who have played in their last Cup.
I would not be surprised if he got his 2 year calendar out this morning and began marking off the days to Rome 2023.

Doubling down on how much good...imo...DeChambeau did for his image and popularity going forward.
Calling down Koepka...occasional combatant...for a bro-hug...was smart move. Whether it's a lull in the hostilities...or even if it was strictly a PR move...it was the right thing to do as a team player.
Given the huge entertainment value of his explosive game I bet he has the largest gallery in regular events coming up...until/unless Tiger makes another comeback.

Bryson just needs to put a governor on his mouth on occasion and not get into junior high level spats over silly nothings.
Bombing those drives straight or crooked....he is fun to watch. Really good putter tossed in.
Our 'youngsters' are better than their youngsters and we have more of those said youngsters...but it is just 3 days of golf...look for a great match in Rome.
I loved DeChambeau’s show on the 10th hole, a 320 yd par 4. The hole was downwind and DeChambeau was standing on the tee with his driver in hand, when he went back to his bag and pulled out his 3-wood.

The crowd all groaned when they thought he was going to lay back. Without missing a beat, DeChambeau responded to the crowd, “Calm down! Calm down! I’m still going for the green.”

DeChambeau then proceeded to hit the ball 320 yards onto the green with his 3-wood and birdie the hole.
Priceless!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
My computer skills are 'walk-on'...at best but I tried to get info on the Long Driving Contest [with DeChambeau] and apparently Golf Channel is not broadcasting it. It might be available on YouTube. It starts at 3:00 PM our time in Nevada...there is a women's division/senior men's division and men's division [the one with DeChambeau].
I think the preliminaries are today....with the finalists advancing to Wednesday.

If any computer whiz can correct any of this info, please do. I can't believe the Golf Channel isn't all over this.

Reaction Score
I was just glad to see this U.S group play like a team that cared. There are some very good young U.S. players who didn’t make the team. The future looks bright. I hope this is the beginning of the type of team spirit we saw the weekend.
As Cantly said about the youngsters, we grew up together watching the US lose in the Ryder Cup. This is a new generation, and we want to send a message.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My computer skills are 'walk-on'...at best but I tried to get info on the Long Driving Contest [with DeChambeau] and apparently Golf Channel is not broadcasting it. It might be available on YouTube. It starts at 3:00 PM our time in Nevada...there is a women's division/senior men's division and men's division [the one with DeChambeau].
I think the preliminaries are today....with the finalists advancing to Wednesday.

If any computer whiz can correct any of this info, please do. I can't believe the Golf Channel isn't all over this.
There is a Players Long Drive Association (PLDA) livestream on YouTube that will cover the competition. Not sure if you have to pay for the PLDA streaming service.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I don't think my slice would work very well on that course. I always look forward to this event and the majors. Except for the Masters, most of the courses are challenging, and I like to see the pros struggle like we do. Otherwise, they should just have a putting contest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom