Ryan Van Demark | The Boneyard

Ryan Van Demark

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Edsall said last night that he went from 260 lbs to 295 lbs. He was super excited about him.

I know we had a previous coach that talked a lot about weight change, but this was different.
Good stuff. Edsall have any other note worth tidbits?

Reaction Score
He said they are definitely going to be better this year. Talked a lot about Pindell being a guy who thrives when hes comfortable. He said, last year coming from Lackawana to Storrs, he had an adjustment period both on and off the field, and because he only had the summer period to adjust, he wasn't necessarily comfortable with his surroundings. Now he's got a routine, he's in the building all the time, and taking more of a leadership role.

From a football perspective, he mentioned the offensive scheme for the QB changed a bit. Whereas before, the QB was reading the defensive coverages pre-snap, the new scheme is to read your progressions. This is how Pindell thrived in junior college and it slows everything down a bit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He said they are definitely going to be better this year. Talked a lot about Pindell being a guy who thrives when hes comfortable. He said, last year coming from Lackawana to Storrs, he had an adjustment period both on and off the field, and because he only had the summer period to adjust, he wasn't necessarily comfortable with his surroundings. Now he's got a routine, he's in the building all the time, and taking more of a leadership role.

From a football perspective, he mentioned the offensive scheme for the QB changed a bit. Whereas before, the QB was reading the defensive coverages pre-snap, the new scheme is to read your progressions. This is how Pindell thrived in junior college and it slows everything down a bit.

Sounds like we are betting the farm on Pindell which is fine. Frankly, a big step up in QB play is often the only way to change the program narrative. Good QB play can overcome a lot of other team deficiencies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Huh, Bama has a guy named Alex Leatherhead and he's an OT? Draft day will love this one.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Pretty cool, but idk how much stock we should take in some random twitter account with like 150 follows. Are these guys reputable?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is wondering if Scouting Insiders got confused and didn't understand we switched our OTs? I'm sitting here thinking they heard a lot about Peart, forgot his name, looked up our current roster and went, ah RVD. I'm excited about the development of the young pups up front, but this seems like a HUGE leap for this kid.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is wondering if Scouting Insiders got confused and didn't understand we switched our OTs? I'm sitting here thinking they heard a lot about Peart, forgot his name, looked up our current roster and went, ah RVD. I'm excited about the development of the young pups up front, but this seems like a HUGE leap for this kid.

I think the got it right. RVD competed, and competed well, as a 260 lb freshman. He is going to be that much better with +35 of good weight. I'm trusting this guy knows what he is talking about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sounds like we are betting the farm on Pindell which is fine. Frankly, a big step up in QB play is often the only way to change the program narrative. Good QB play can overcome a lot of other team deficiencies.

Based on the spring game if Pindell busts it’a going to get ugly fast. Nobody behind him looked even remotely ready to play.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Based on the spring game if Pindell busts it’a going to get ugly fast. Nobody behind him looked even remotely ready to play.
I didn't make it to the spring game....but that is disappointing to hear.....but I just remembered, Washington didn't play so......

Reaction Score
Edsall said last night that he went from 260 lbs to 295 lbs. He was super excited about him.

I know we had a previous coach that talked a lot about weight change, but this was different.
Seems like old times!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom