Ryan Griffin... | The Boneyard

Ryan Griffin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
would look great in a N.Y. Giants uniform. Big Blue has lost their starter to free agency, so there's a need to fill.:)

Reaction Score
would look great in a N.Y. Giants uniform. Big Blue has lost their starter to free agency, so there's a need to fill.:)

He is focused right now on pro day Coachcap, feelin pretty snubbed. I just saw him in Pensacola, he is much bigger, stronger, faster. Tipped the scales at 6-6 and 262 lbs of muscle. Clocked at a 4.72 forty and a 33 inch vertical. See the recent Des article: http://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-ryan-griffin-0314-20130313-1,0,3858414.story

He also has a fly-in workout already scheduled for post-pro day with an NFL team.
Hopefully the first of many.

Reaction Score
I still dont understand how he didnt get invited to the combine. He was our best offensive player. Arguably the best TE in the BE. I seriously hope he gets drafted.

Reaction Score
Keeping my fingers crossed for him. Some team will get a gem, hope it's the G-Men.

Reaction Score
I think teams are going to realize Ryan has not peaked yet. Given the system he was in his development was certainly stunted.

He will be in someone's camp and that's all you can ask for.

Reaction Score
I think teams are going to realize Ryan has not peaked yet. Given the system he was in his development was certainly stunted.

He will be in someone's camp and that's all you can ask for.
I think that is a very good observation. Ryan has a considerable upside, he has the size to be an effective NFL blocker, and the height to be a red zone weapon. He can be a three down, run or block TE. Those are valuable.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He is focused right now on pro day Coachcap, feelin pretty snubbed. I just saw him in Pensacola, he is much bigger, stronger, faster. Tipped the scales at 6-6 and 262 lbs of muscle. Clocked at a 4.72 forty and a 33 inch vertical. See the recent Des article: http://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-ryan-griffin-0314-20130313-1,0,3858414.story

He also has a fly-in workout already scheduled for post-pro day with an NFL team.

I won't be stalking him, but if I see a tall, built like a tank young'in wearing Uconn gear in the area, I'll be sure to say hello and wish him luck.

Reaction Score

He only needs to impress one to make it into circulation. My two cents, is that if he makes it somebody's camp in July, he'll need to work like hell on showing great value in blocking and tackling on kicking units to make it through cuts to a 53 man for September. I think if he gets the opportunity in July, he's a got a good shot to make a 53 man, if not for the opener, later in the fall the probability will get even higher. NFL is going to regular thursday night games this year. The reality is that the league, with regular thursday games, is going to go through bodies quick, especially on kick units, so stay in shape. Good luck to him on making it to the league. P.S. I hope you've found somebody to hand off the family tailgate planning!

Reaction Score

Sometimes a little disappointment can motivate someone a lot more! Somehow I get the feeling that all Ryan needs is a chance to prove what he can do ... then we'll see another round of articles asking how UCONN underachieved with all this talent! :)

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Kid is gonna be a beast maybe another Brent Celek type

Reaction Score
I hope you've found somebody to hand off the family tailgate planning!
All set with that. Ryan should draw lots of interest on ProDay. Don't all Huskies end up on The Colts:)
And Sportsart, how about that tip of the cap from Pal. Nice!

Reaction Score
RG will go in the draft, he put up solid numbers and showed a lot of athletic ability, he was definitely snubbed, but he's a player.

Reaction Score
I think the Danny Amdendola signing shows that all someone needs is a chance. Just need Ryan to get into a camp and show he belongs.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I believe Ryan deserves to be drafted. That being said, joining a team as an UFA may be a better option if you're not taken in rounds 1-4. As a free agent you have much more input in where you land and can choose the team that offers more of the things you desire in a franchise. Drafted or not I don't think we've seen the last of Ryan Griffin. And I agree with Cap, he'd look mighty fine in Big Blue. We've got an immediate opportunity for a playmaking TE.

I'll miss watching home games with you behind the red line, Third and one. Best of luck to Ryan and the rest of the family.

Reaction Score
And as a Packer fan (that hopes they cut Jermichael Finley), I would love for Ryan to get a shot with them.

Reaction Score
Browns, 5th Round, we need a tightend and a UConn player, kills two birds...

Reaction Score
I believe Ryan deserves to be drafted. That being said, joining a team as an UFA may be a better option if you're not taken in rounds 1-4. As a free agent you have much more input in where you land and can choose the team that offers more of the things you desire in a franchise. Drafted or not I don't think we've seen the last of Ryan Griffin. And I agree with Cap, he'd look mighty fine in Big Blue. We've got an immediate opportunity for a playmaking TE.

I'll miss watching home games with you behind the red line, Third and one. Best of luck to Ryan and the rest of the family.

Funny thing is I've been watching the games probably standing right next to you and had no idea a boneyarder was near by. Small world.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is I've been watching the games probably standing right next to you and had no idea a boneyarder was near by. Small world.
We had the same spot every week, if you were there you would have known.

Reaction Score
like the OP stated I will be happy for Ryan wherever he lands but I would love to have Griffin on the Gmen he would fit in great. His situation wouldnt be any different then Kevin Boss and Jake Ballard when they were rookies, you put in the hard work and impress in a training camp anything can happen. Every year you willl see UDFA make an immediate impact on a team.

Reaction Score
The Giants just picked up a veteran TE in the last couple of days. They also have Robinson, who they drafted last year.

Reaction Score
The Giants just picked up a veteran TE in the last couple of days. They also have Robinson, who they drafted last year.

Brandon Myers is on a one year deal, and Robinson I'm not sure how he will pan out, if Griffin is there late or undrafted why not take a chance on him. I hope for his sake he gets drafted though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The best play for Ryan all last year was that TD catch in the spring game. That's how bad GDL was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom