Ryan Donohue ? | The Boneyard

Ryan Donohue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DC Don Brown made a comment a few days ago that the linebacking crew would be so much better with Ryan Donohue available. I realized he sat out last year after transferring from Maryland and will be eligible next fall. Did not hear much about what type / how good of a player he was and there was not much buzz about him. So I assumed he would be a non impact player and maybe just add to our depth. By DB's comments he looks to be someone who is going to greatly contribute. Anyone have anymore info on him. Hope he is as good as DB thinks he is. The more quality we have at the LB position the better, and also will give us more flexibility on D.

Reaction Score
DC Don Brown made a comment a few days ago that the linebacking crew would be so much better with Ryan Donohue available. I realized he sat out last year after transferring from Maryland and will be eligible next fall. Did not hear much about what type / how good of a player he was and there was not much buzz about him. So I assumed he would be a non impact player and maybe just add to our depth. By DB's comments he looks to be someone who is going to greatly contribute. Anyone have anymore info on him. Hope he is as good as DB thinks he is. The more quality we have at the LB position the better, and also will give us more flexibility on D.
I don't have anything FURTHER to add, but I agree-I was thinking the same thing when I saw that quote. That can only be a good thing that they have another LB they expect to contribute!

Reaction Score
He obviously wanted to follow Don Brown to UCONN. And from the quotes, Don Brown is happy he decided to follow him. I expect Donohue to compete for a starting job, most likely Jory Johnsons.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Donahue made the scout team defensive player of the week 2-3 times. I know he's with RS Frosh, but they go up weekly with the 2 deep. So, at least we know he's looked good in his practice element.

Reaction Score
My guess is his (DB) statement excitement is in conenction with remarks he made earlier, about not having a heart attack every time one of his LBs was slow to get up. I think if we were being honest we would admit that our 2 deep is pretty shallow, across the board. The drop off from 1s to 2s is pretty big at most positions and the staff wants better depth across the board.

Name a position where there is not a noticeable drop off from 1 to 2. Think back to results when Bennett went down, or Blidi. DE may be a position of strength, but the D line looked much better to me after Jesse came back. The staff seems to be messaging they they are planning for a day when an injury or suspension is not something to worry about to the extent it is today.

Reaction Score
Although it's January, that great news about RD. Even if he only contributes 10 plays/special teams, that's a great addition. In the past, I think we were always able to put a good starting defensive squad on the field to start the game. However, it wore down through the course of the game. Competition/talented depth is a good problem to have

Reaction Score
wonder if they will talk about all incoming transfers at the Feb 1st signing day event.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Donohue was a productive back-up at Maryland and was expected to compete for a starting job there this year. He was a terrific pick-up and will help out our depth at that position tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom