Ryan Boatright! | The Boneyard

Ryan Boatright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Energy smart play in OT. I hope he plays like that next year. Great steal, rebound and of course the winning shot. We needed him as SN was totally taxed mentally and physically. Just wanted to give props to RB as people love to pick on him for the boneheaded stuff he does. He willed us to that win in OT. Great way to end the season!

Reaction Score
The yard gives Ryan such a hard time, some more than others, but he deserves credit for the energy and effort in OT as 3rdbass pointed out.. Couldn't be more proud of this TEAM.

Reaction Score
He had a couple headscratchers today but played very well.

Reaction Score
Energy smart play in OT. I hope he plays like that next year. Great steal, rebound and of course the winning shot. We needed him as SN was totally taxed mentally and physically. Just wanted to give props to RB as people love to pick on him for the boneheaded stuff he does. He willed us to that win in OT. Great way to end the season!

Agree that Ryan was a major factor in this remarkable season. Yes he made mistakes and was called out for them here during the season, but he will learn and be great next year! Remember Kemba...

Reaction Score
He does still make boneheaded plays but played smart in OT. Even the one time he did have to force a shot it wasn't his fault as SN missed a wide open PN at the top of the key with 10 seconds left and handed to RB with 6 seconds to create something at the end of the shot clock. Not his fault.

I can see similar development in RB from his Soph. to Jr. year that both KW and SN have done. Remember KW and SN had up and down Soph. years also. Love the energy in OT as we needed it as most of the team was gassed.

Reaction Score
His shot will be the shot of the year. Had NG converted that last second steal into a basket, that may have been.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He needs to learn a few things but I still love the kid.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
23 points, 3 reb, 5 assist, 1 steal. 8-9 from the line, most in crunch time. That's an awesome line. A quiet 23 points if you ask me.

Only 2 turnovers despite playing 44 of the 45 mins and doing a majority of the ball handling with a banged up Bazz.

Fantastic stretch at the end of the game/OT:

Hit 2 free throws to tie the game in regulation and send the game to OT.
In OT, he hit 2 more free throws early, had a huge defensive rebound, a huge steal, and of course that ridic fade-away and one (and he hit the FT again)

Very proud of Ryan. He didn't put his head down today after a few bad decisions. He played some better defense today as well (can't remember many breakdowns from him).

He's taken way to much flak from the yard (Kemba did his soph year as well). His decision-making will improve. It's obvious he has the potential. Next year I think his talent will translate better on the court.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
For all the flack people were giving him in the game thread he ended up with 23 points and 5 assists, leading the team in both. And it wasn't because of volume shooting either, because he was 7 for 15 from the floor. And he hit those 2 clutch free throws to force OT. And his final shot speaks for itself. Kid had a pretty damn good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom