Rutty | The Boneyard

Rutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They won so they deserve some credit, and shy of either a complete collapse on their part or a miracle by Pitt, they'll at worst finally have something they can put in their case.

That said, anyone who believes that this isn't clearly the weakest BE football has ever been is insane.

Reaction Score
It is a weaker conference (especially with Temple in place of WVU this year), but to Rutty's credit, they've put together a solid year. Will they finally get some BE hardware?

Reaction Score
It is. Today cincy played with their back up Qb, but they got the job done. I fully expect them to lose at Pitt because they're Rutgers.

Flood was a nice hire for them. Makes me wonder if Hank Hughes could have kept our program competitive at least, while costing about half of what P cost.

Reaction Score
It is. Today cincy played with their back up Qb, but they got the job done. I fully expect them to lose at Pitt because they're Rutgers.

Flood was a nice hire for them. Makes me wonder if Hank Hughes could have kept our program competitive at least, while costing about half of what P cost.

Smh. Yes. I see your point.

Reaction Score
You guys r having a nice year. Enjoy it. You could finally win the big east.

Reaction Score
This has to be the worst BE i have ever seen. Temple, usf and probably uconn, pitt will not go bowling and cuse isn't eligible yet.

Reaction Score
Rutty wins the Big East? Is it too late to get a ticket for the Titanic?

Reaction Score
I didn't like it when people (including our own) trashed the accomplishments of our 2010 team, so I won't trash RU if they pull it off.

I only hope the RU jokers who did trash us don't thump their chests about winning this putrid conference in a year they got blasted by Kent St. At home.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
I didn't like it when people (including our own) trashed the accomplishments of our 2010 team, so I won't trash RU if they pull it off.

I only hope the RU jokers who did trash us don't thump their chests about winning this putrid conference in a year they got blasted by Kent St. At home.

FWIW... top 25 Kent State is currently 9-1 and will likely be the MAC champ when all is said and done... They should also climb further into the top 25 after their conference win today as well... They have been winning convincingly of late with their potent rushing attack... Best team we've faced this year hands down...

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
What pisses me off most is that in the worst year (quality wise) ever for the BE it can easily be argued that we were the dregs of the dregs.

I really want to teach GDL about teamwork!

To make things worse, NC State, who our offense couldn't do anything against is about to give up ~70 points to Clemson.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
By the way, give Rutty credit, they've earned what they are getting (in terms of the BE title). also I will wish them the best if they do end up in the B1G (although I would like to go with them).

I am not angry with them at all and wish them no harm. I am as angry as humanly possible however at a few people who flushed what we were building in football further down the toilet than anyone could have imagined in their worst nightmare. A pack of hyenas could have led last year's team to eight wins and had six or seven already this year.

Reaction Score
The "weakest year ever" talk was cowardly and small when people said it about us and the same is true now. The Beast Champion will be just that....The Champion. Give credit when due and deal with it.

With that said, my money is still on the Ville.

Reaction Score
Either team will have at least 10 wins and will be ranked. So how could it be that bad?

Reaction Score
Good for rutty. It's about time, but i would covet the b1g invite a lot more. Hopefully we get some ink on rivalry game deal with them if all this comes true.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I think the 2010 team was one of the best 8-5 teams in recent BE history.

Better?

Comparing that team with a 9-1 RU team that is in the top 20, is just silly UCONN homerism.

Reaction Score
How about beating Rutgers before tagging on them. They've pretty much own UConn over past 5 years. Oh, and they may be going to the BiG 10. And, with the piss poor performances of the Huskies over the past two years, the only place they may be headed is the NEC. How is UConn ever gonna be big time if they can't even fire a loser coach?

Reaction Score
The "weakest year ever" talk was cowardly and small when people said it about us and the same is true now. The Beast Champion will be just that....The Champion. Give credit when due and deal with it.

With that said, my money is still on the Ville.
You are right I was trying to point out the weakness at the bottom of the conference not the top if Rutgers goes to BCS this year no doubt they deserve it.
Edit: I was trying to take a shot at the teams not bowling not trying to take anything away from those that are.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
To clarify, my comment on the weakness of the BE this year was a shot at one Boneyarder who repeated for quite some time that this year's version of the BE is far better than it was two years ago (an assinine belief but no his only one). It also was a serious knock on the current coaching staff (PP & GDL) for putting us at the bottom of this conference as quickly as they did while it shouldn't take much to be above average here.

Reaction Score
Give them their due, they are in the drivers seat, if they don't get to the BCS, they'll have no one to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom