Rutty spending their B1G dollars | The Boneyard

Rutty spending their B1G dollars

Reaction Score

As someone who spent most of his life in NJ I still read the Star Ledger online.

Just saw this. Rutty paying its OC $1MM+ and giving one of their defensive assistants a big raise. Evidently he's a strong recruiter.

I wonder how UConn would spend P5 money? Would RE be the head coach? If not, who? Maybe Moorehead?

Reaction Score

As someone who spent most of his life in NJ I still read the Star Ledger online.

Just saw this. Rutty paying its OC $1MM+ and giving one of their defensive assistants a big raise. Evidently he's a strong recruiter.

I wonder how UConn would spend P5 money? Would RE be the head coach? If not, who? Maybe Moorehead?
If UConn had P5 money, Moorhead would have stayed a lot longer as we would have been paying him what he's worth. Edsall has a good eye for talent both in staff and players and his biggest gripe with his first go around was how little the university cared about winning. They cared more about saving money than anything else. Imagine what could have been if Edsall stuck around and was able to keep Moorhead and Orlando as OC and DC.

Reaction Score
Imagine what could have been if Edsall stuck around and was able to keep Moorhead and Orlando as OC and DC.

What could have been if they had just promoted from within. Coming off a Fiesta bowl promoting from within should have been option 1, and 2.

BTW KC Keeler goes for another FCS championship next week. :( So many good options and they chose the comedy team of Laurel and Hardy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What could have been if they had just promoted from within. Coming off a Fiesta bowl promoting from within should have been option 1, and 2.

BTW KC Keeler goes for another FCS championship next week. :( So many good options and they chose the comedy team of Laurel and Hardy.
If only we had an admintration at the time that gave two S about building the program and not just saving money. If we paid assistants what they're actually worth UCONN would be on cusp of ot in the top 25 every year.

Reaction Score
If only we had an admintration at the time that gave two S about building the program and not just saving money. If we paid assistants what they're actually worth UCONN would be on cusp of ot in the top 25 every year.

Not a fan of the shabby way the FB program has been treated over the past few years but, given the record, the staff seems to be getting paid what it is worth.

Reaction Score
the lesson is that ... it is NOT the wins and losses; nor the fervor + passion you build in your fanbase

It is the Schiano tricks that got them to edge just a little farther than UConn in getting to the shade side of bigtime CFB. Bigger salaries; helicopters; training room gimmicks; kids loves trinkets. Yes I agree. It is us often looking back at what might have been: but you also have to admit, the entry date we arrived and our pure demographics of the market/state and the deceit of that other New England school ... we really were not destined to where Rutty got to. Make the best of the assets we have and put forth a good product. Finally. And YES, HCRE has an old fashioned paternalistic bent ... and that's that.

I don't think - with whatever Rutgers does on salaries etc etc - they get to top 4 status in the B1G

Reaction Score
the lesson is that ... it is NOT the wins and losses; nor the fervor + passion you build in your fanbase

It is the Schiano tricks that got them to edge just a little farther than UConn in getting to the shade side of bigtime CFB. Bigger salaries; helicopters; training room gimmicks; kids loves trinkets. Yes I agree. It is us often looking back at what might have been: but you also have to admit, the entry date we arrived and our pure demographics of the market/state and the deceit of that other New England school ... we really were not destined to where Rutty got to. Make the best of the assets we have and put forth a good product. Finally. And YES, HCRE has an old fashioned paternalistic bent ... and that's that.

I don't think - with whatever Rutgers does on salaries etc etc - they get to top 4 status in the B1G

I doubt they get to the upper half more than once in any ten year period. NJ may be a good recruiting ground but only when compared with other Northeast states, nationally it is not in the top 15. Besides that RU is usually #3 or 4 on the list of most top NJ prospects.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom