Rutty is 4-0... | The Boneyard

Rutty is 4-0...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey 4-0 is 4-0 but after hearing from multiple annoying RU fans for the last week or so I decided to take a look at their accomplishments to date. I think it would be hard to find a school in D1/FBS with a weaker strength of schedule so far. Their opponents are a combined 1-11 against FBS schools. The one FBS win was USF by one over Nevada (not exactly a powerhouse).
  1. Tulane (W24-12) is 0-4 with their closest loss being a 12 point loss to Rutty. Other notable losses include 53 point loss to Louisiana-Monroe and 35 point loss to Tulsa.
  2. Howard (W26-0) is 3-1 with all 3 wins coming against other FCS schools
  3. USF (W23-13) USF is 2-3 with its 2 wins coming against Nevada(FBS) by 1 and Chattanooga (FCS)
  4. Ark (W35-26) Ark is currently 1-4 and with their only win coming against Jacksonville St. (FCS)

pj

Reaction Score
It's a respectable 4-0. USF is better than their record and played FSU tough. Arkansas is better than their record and they were at home. Rutgers isn't going to blow anyone out with an offense that gets 23 to 26 points every game, but their defense is excellent and odds are UConn's offense will struggle to score like it did against NC State.

It will certainly be a good test for us.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
rutgers is in a no win situation this weekend.
-if they win they beat another so so at best team. uconn is 3-3 with a win vs md.
-if they lose it was all hype, the 4-0 was a easy 4 and all the ppl saying that were right. the ranking was media hype and a good false record. it would take them a while to get back in the top 25.

uconn is in a good position this weekend
-ruty/uconn games have gone back and forth. they were having a good year last year built on a soft schedule and we beat them up at home. we now walk into there building as a ok team. good d and improving o. fans are wildin out about the oc.
-if we win, PP just got us a win on the road of our rival who is ranked
-if we lose, at this point the fans will be again all over delone and more over pp now than ever. but it is losing to a team we should lose to rankings/fav wise technically.

a win for rutgers keeps them on track to a easy 9+ win season with there schedule.
a win for uconn could be a turning point under PP and this season.

side note-unr is a good team. they had usf all but beat until a last minute play if i remember corectly.

Reaction Score
@HuskyfanDan- you make a good point. Certainly sets up a situation where Rutty comes in overconfident and we take them down.

Reaction Score
Pj- Arkansas is a burning pile of poop right now. How can you say they're better than their record? Because they're sec?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Arkansas is worse than their record. Alabama and A&M should count as two losses.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I get violently ill at the thought of losing to Rutgers. I friggin hate them. Just the thought of them crowing at their fake 5-0 championship... ugh.

This is the most important game of our season. To me, anyway.

pj

Reaction Score
If Arkansas had Petrino does anyone think they'd be 1-4?

They do have some players. They're not a good team, but they're better than 0-4 against FBS.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

They do have some players. They're not a good team, but they're better than 0-4 against FBS.

They aren't just 0-4. They lost by 52 in one of the worst performances of all time. They lost by 48 to a decent A&M team. They lost to a Sun Belt team that while competitive didn't close out anyone else.

Why can't people get past their preseason expectations? Arkansas blows. They might have players but they are a god awful football team.

Trying to pretend that Arkansas doesn't suck just takes away any credibility any argument has.

Rutgers has plenty of opportunities to prove they are good. Their schedule to date has not afforded that possibility yet.

Reaction Score
Yes they have some players, but that program is a car fire at the moment.

4-0 is 4-0 either way you slice it. I can't discount 2-0 on the road either despite the arky car fire field hog roast

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The computer rankings of the three Rutgers wins. Can we hold off on crowning them?

Want some context? Arkansas is behind Boston Frigging College in the computers.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is 4-0 and their opponents have a combined 1FBS win, but why down play them? It'll be more satisfying for us, and more hair pulling for them, if we pretend they're the 23rd best team in the country before we send their fans home disappointed.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I get violently ill at the thought of losing to Rutgers. I friggin hate them. Just the thought of them crowing at their fake 5-0 championship... ugh.

This is the most important game of our season. To me, anyway.

This post is so good that it deserves three "likes"! This game is a game that I circle every year on the schedule as the one that I absolutely want us to have. It means so much in terms of this budding rivalry, in terms of recruiting in the northeast, and in terms of gaining respect. This is the one. This is the BIG one...

Reaction Score
We are not good right now. Rutgers is probably slightly better than us in fact, maybe significantly better on paper. But the Rutgers MO is to be supremely overconfident at the slightest of achievements. And they are already debating which conference offer to choose when they finish the season undefeated.

Uconn 17, Rutgers 13.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is 4-0 and their opponents have a combined 1FBS win, but why down play them? It'll be more satisfying for us, and more hair pulling for them, if we pretend they're the 23rd best team in the country before we send their fans home disappointed.
UConn is 3-2 and their opponents have a combined 1 FBS win. Maryland beat Temple.
Rutgers is 4-0 and their opponents have a combined 1 FBS win. Who beat who?

I think the Rutgirls have the edge here.

Reaction Score

If UConn had...oh I don't know...take your pick....Rich Rod, Urban Meyer, Jimbo Fisher, Al Golden........do you think they'd be 3-2 at this point? I mean come on, if my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle.

Reaction Score
RU beat teams that it should have beaten. The same can not be said for UCONN.

Additionally, as much of a diehard UCONN loyalist as I am, if I am being completely honest and objective, RU has significantly more talent on its roster than does UCONN. Certainly, UCONN has some future pros on the team (all on defense) but overall, not a lot of our guys were big-time recruits while RU has quite a few who everyone was all over trying to get.

Still, I think the game will be close and UCONN will pull it out at the end. 24-21.

FAST

Reaction Score
UConn is 3-2 and their opponents have a combined 1 FBS win. Maryland beat Temple.

USF won a squeaker @ Nevada 32-31. Hopefully this time next week we'll be 4-2 and they'll be 4-1 and it won't matter who we each played, although I think we've been tested more than Rutgers up until now. So far Rutgers has beaten who they were supposed to, and we've done the same. All of the teams we lost to were ranked ahead of us preseason FWIW. We'll see who's supposed to win this one on saturday

Reaction Score

Ugh Not true.. In addition to Maryland beating Temple, Western Michigan beat us.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
For what it's worth... Rutgers schedule is 145th in the nation... ours is 119th. (Sagarin)

Rutgers has played a pathetic schedule... worse than ours... but it's not like we've lit it up against world beaters either.

If only I could figure out how to pin our crappy schedule issues on GDL...

Reaction Score
For what it's worth... Rutgers schedule is 145th in the nation... ours is 119th. (Sagarin)

Rutgers has played a pathetic schedule... worse than ours... but it's not like we've lit it up against world beaters either.

If only I could figure out how to pin our crappy schedule issues on GDL...
well, the difference can be that they have "us" on the schedule and we have "them" on ours.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
well, the difference can be that they have "us" on the schedule and we have "them" on ours.
Nope.. only games played so far.

Reaction Score
If we ran the same offense we did against Arkansas against Tulane we would have put up 40 on Tulane easily. This game worries me as always, UConn always has a good defense. IMO UConn needs to keep it low scoring, they would not be able to win in a shootout. That seems to be how these games shake out every year anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom