Rutgers | The Boneyard

Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
laughing too hard to come up with a coherent/catchy thread title. At some point serious questions have to be raised how these garbonzas were allowed to jump the line -- and enabled by the almighty Powers That Be -- but for now there won't be enough popcorn to get through next few days.

My God, Jeff Hathaway looks like Tom Jurich compared to the Rutgers braintrust.

Lots of fun reading here http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/tag/_/name/julie-hermann but this is the gem among gems

Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said he would help in the process of picking a new athletic director. Did you hear at all from him or from anyone in the Big Ten during this process?

Julie Herrmann: I would absolutely think that the commissioner would have taken the opportunity to express things to [Rutgers president] Dr. [Robert] Barchi. I don't know if he did. Ultimately, I didn't worry about it. There's no doubt that there were probably going to be a lot of people who wanted to influence the hire. But what I've already learned about the Rutgers president is that he's his own man. I think he's a fantastic leader. He's strong. He's already been through a ton because of athletics that no president should have to go through. He's clearly a standup guy. Despite all the input he was getting, I think he made the decision he felt best about. I think the commissioner's opinion would have been important to him, but in the end, clearly it was his own decision.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ultimate Jurich masterstoke -- planting Herrmann at Rutgers so B10 would rescind offer and move UL there!!!

Reaction Score
Oh My God - this is an actual post on comments to the "Herrmann shouldn't have been hired" column at NJ.com. Change a few words/names and it sounds like this CR board. Someone should tell them they have a guardian angel named Jim Delany who has absolved them of all sins:
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/05/julie_hermann_should_never_hav.html
ru67

my experiences in life tells me everyone makes mistakes, but you are supposed to learn from them. Unfortunately Barchi and the BOG caved in to the Governor's demands that Tim Pernetti be fired after our beloved governor took the advice of Mike Brey, yes the Notre Dame basketball coach. Let's see the Governor went to Delaware, and takes the advice of someone who coaches at a school that was instrumental in the destruction of the Big East conference of which Rutgers was a part. Notre Dame where Jack Swarbrick their AD led the Big East committee on football when they didn't even play football in the league. Notre Dame who tried to extort Rutgers to get a series in football. Yet the Governor idolizes Mike Brey and takes his advice to force the termination of Tim Pernetti a man who bleeds scarlet! Barchi is Christie's tool and Christie could care less about Rutgers simple as that folks get over it, the BOG has no courage and refuses to stand up and fight for Rutgers against the political pressure. We were doing quite well with Tim Pernetti leading the Athletic Department but like everything else in New Jersey we can't stand success and eat our own. The BOG and Barchi should have never caved in to the Governor and ESPN they should have had the courage to say we made our decision on Rice, that is it and we are moving on. Now they have to start all over again to support someone who has no history at Rutgers and has her own baggage, but then again we all carry baggage. What will Rutgers do? Probably trip over itself trying to defend this hire just to be politically correct. Too little too late. They should have stood up for themselves months ago.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Dude this chick can't even form adult-level English. Not sure if that was a statement or an on-the-fly answer to a question but still, in the hiring process, don't you look for red flags like "AD can't use coherent English when prompted"?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh My God - this is an actual post on comments to the "Herrmann shouldn't have been hired" column at NJ.com. Change a few words/names and it sounds like this CR board. Someone should tell them they have a guardian angel named Jim Delany who has absolved them of all sins:
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/05/julie_hermann_should_never_hav.html
ru67

my experiences in life tells me everyone makes mistakes, but you are supposed to learn from them. Unfortunately Barchi and the BOG caved in to the Governor's demands that Tim Pernetti be fired after our beloved governor took the advice of Mike Brey, yes the Notre Dame basketball coach. Let's see the Governor went to Delaware, and takes the advice of someone who coaches at a school that was instrumental in the destruction of the Big East conference of which Rutgers was a part. Notre Dame where Jack Swarbrick their AD led the Big East committee on football when they didn't even play football in the league. Notre Dame who tried to extort Rutgers to get a series in football. Yet the Governor idolizes Mike Brey and takes his advice to force the termination of Tim Pernetti a man who bleeds scarlet! Barchi is Christie's tool and Christie could care less about Rutgers simple as that folks get over it, the BOG has no courage and refuses to stand up and fight for Rutgers against the political pressure. We were doing quite well with Tim Pernetti leading the Athletic Department but like everything else in New Jersey we can't stand success and eat our own. The BOG and Barchi should have never caved in to the Governor and ESPN they should have had the courage to say we made our decision on Rice, that is it and we are moving on. Now they have to start all over again to support someone who has no history at Rutgers and has her own baggage, but then again we all carry baggage. What will Rutgers do? Probably trip over itself trying to defend this hire just to be politically correct. Too little too late. They should have stood up for themselves months ago.
Except the Gov didn't fire him. Barchi used him as a firewall. Fire Barchi bring back Pernetti. Now pick up the phone and start calling everyone you know to call and email the BOG. I like kidding you guys but if you want to right the ship, now is the time.

Reaction Score
The story said she called her players "mentally challenged" or something like that. No, I'm sure she used the R Word. Not Rutgers, the other R Word for challenged.

Reaction Score
ru67

Does that guy have a drawer full of tinfoil?

His conspiracy theory sure does attribute a lot of power to ND.

Reaction Score
Turning your ire & frustration on Rutgers might feel good; but it does not solve your problems. Have fun guys.

Reaction Score
Turning your ire & frustration on Rutgers might feel good; but it does not solve your problems. Have fun guys.

Let's see. We have athletic program A with multiple conference and national championships and proven statewide backing and program B that sniffs a title every few decades and whose state's intensity of interest is nowhere near program A's. But because program B enjoys a slight population advantage it jumps the line of program A, even though program A consistently takes a larger share of TV ratings in the major TV market of big city C that both happen to share.

Right, no reason to be bitter. I hope that Nov. 30 means something so program A can inflict yet another spirit-sapping beating on program B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom