Rutgers suing the Big East | The Boneyard

Rutgers suing the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How far are we from a school suing over a blown call during a game? My answer is you'll see it in the next decade.

Reaction Score
Hope we get to sue them soon. I'm only half kidding.

Reaction Score
Well they can kiss it good bye if they ever want to come back. We all know what happens when you sue a conference.

Reaction Score
No surprise here. I'm betting the ACC hopes that BE fights this to the end to set a positive precedent (i.e. try and scare FSU/Clem).

RU is just hoping for a settlement.

(Dumb) Question - where do the exit fees go?

Reaction Score
Of course, PC, St. John's, and Seton Hall.
Just read that part of the suit contends that the Rutgers feels it is owed exit fees from other schools that did not have to pay it (so the conference owes it to RU). I guess that answers my question.

Reaction Score
Not surprised, but what is the frigging point - I think we have a pretty good precedent for 1 year and 5M exit fee. The surprise to me is that we have not yet collected the fees owed. Was there an agreement that they did not have to pay until they formally left?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have a message for our Rutgers brethren:

Reaction Score
Hope they win the case. We need chaos until we find a better conference.

Yep. Let'em go and give precedent to Clemson & FSU in their exit and . . . An opening for UConn to fill. . . And it's own precedent to leave without a fee.

Reaction Score
Well they can kiss it good bye if they ever want to come back. We all know what happens when you sue a conference.

Lol If you are really serious I don't think we have to worry about coming back to something that won't exist in a few more years.

Reaction Score
Lol If you are really serious I don't think we have to worry about coming back to something that won't exist in a few more years.

Only an idiot would think he was serious. And a bigger idiot would post a comment in response.

Reaction Score
Only an idiot would think he was serious. And a bigger idiot would post a comment in response.

I think you are just mad that

big_10.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think you are just mad that

I think Jimmy's more mad that Rutgers' budget still can't accommodate you on your own board. Maybe we'll take up a collection.

uconnhuskies_display_image.gif

Reaction Score
Great conference, good solid money and publicity. Great for the RU program. You could never win anything in the BE, it'll be worse in the B1G, you must know that. Look how well WVU has performed so far in the Big12 and assume you'll be the same or worse. Of course you take the deal but after the glow of the deal wears off it'll be oops, we lost to Wisconsin again 38-15. Hoops, forget it. No one wants to play in the RAC, a newer version of NW's gym. I'll believe a talent increase only if I see it on the field. I would suggest humility until you win something.

Reaction Score
Great conference, good solid money and publicity. Great for the RU program. You could never win anything in the BE, it'll be worse in the B1G, you must know that. Look how well WVU has performed so far in the Big12 and assume you'll be the same or worse. Of course you take the deal but after the glow of the deal wears off it'll be oops, we lost to Wisconsin again 38-15. Hoops, forget it. No one wants to play in the RAC, a newer version of NW's gym. I'll believe a talent increase only if I see it on the field. I would suggest humility until you win something.

Maybe we should have starting begging 10 years ago like RU did.

Reaction Score
Maybe we should have starting begging 10 years ago like RU did.

There is one reason why Rutgers got the nod: geography. Thanks to RU, more NY/NJ residents who couldn't care less about Rutgers will be forced to hand over more of their money (in the form of cable subscriptions) to subsidize the money pit in Piscataway. Rutgers is a national joke.

Reaction Score
There is one reason why Rutgers got the nod: geography. Thanks to RU, more NY/NJ residents who couldn't care less about Rutgers will be forced to hand over more of their money (in the form of cable subscriptions) to subsidize the money pit in Piscataway. Rutgers is a national joke.

darrenrovell 9:12am via Tweetbot for iOS
Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany says he believes the Rutgers = New York TV market speculation was overplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom