Rutgers officially out | The Boneyard

Rutgers officially out

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
@McMurphyESPN: Rutgers will pay $11.5M exit fee to AAC. League sought $15M. UL got out for $11M

@NHRJimFuller: Rutgers and @American_FB finalize separation agreement, last obstacle before 2014 AAC football schedule can be announced

Look for UConn Rutgers football series to be announced soon

Reaction Score
>>Rutgers will not pay the entire $11.5 million in a single check, a university spokesman said. The university has already paid $5 million to the ACC -- $2.5 million it paid when it announced it was leaving the league last year and an additional $2.5 million in payments the conference withheld from the school last June. The remaining $6.5 million will be paid over four years, with Rutgers sending the first payment Sept. 1, the spokesman said.<<

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...115m_deal_to_settle_lawsuit.html#incart_river

Reaction Score
Did Rutgers ever make the NCAA BB tournament as a member of the Big East?

Reaction Score
Hopefully Rutgers labels its checks so the 1+ million per year doesn't get confused with the AAC's yearly TV revenue per team

C

Chief00

When Rutgers got admitted to Big 10 it was confirmation we did not sell ourselves well; academic research status aside.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
When Rutgers got admitted to Big 10 it was confirmation we did not sell ourselves well; academic research status aside.

We couldn't offer the cable subscriber's or the recruiting grounds that Rutgers did in NJ.

The Louisville selection is where we let our public image fail us. Not just Warde but a decade worth of Hathaway incompetence.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We couldn't offer the cable subscriber's or the recruiting grounds that Rutgers did in NJ.

The Louisville selection is where we let our public image fail us. Not just Warde but a decade worth of Hathaway incompetence.

I completely blame Hathaway's incompetence for where we are now. The Pasqualoni hire was the biggest disaster and biggest contributor to the negative perception about UCONN not caring about football. Not to mention, that hire alienated UCONN's biggest donor and that is the biggest gaff an AD can make. UCONN suffered a great deal of national embarrassment when Burton went public asking for his money back. You pair that with his allowance of one of the newest football stadiums in the country, during his tenure, to age so quickly and become obsolete to the point that it is now a detriment to UCONN's CR chances is another example of his incompetence. That stadium should have been power washed every offseason to keep up the sparkle, expanded to accommodate the overflow of 40,000 crowds that packed the Rent every week during his time as AD, and video board should have been added years ago. Then there was the APR mess that he turned a blind eye to that ultimately led UCONN's most prestigious program in the second largest revenue sport (and biggest calling card in CR at the time) to be banned from the postseason, causing many people around the country to question if UCONN MBB can sustain success post Calhoun and post APR.

What Jeff Hathaway did and didn't do during his time as UCONN AD is worthy of receiving full blame for why UCONN is stuck in AAC purgatory today. There is no question about it. He took a national brand name and the fastest growing football program in the country and deflated all 4 tires. Herbst and Manuel are trying like heck to play catch-up as quickly as possible but the damage was done. Herbst and Manuel's early efforts would be the equivalent of New Orleans submitting a bid to host the Summer Olympics and giving tours of the city to the IOC the day after Katrina.

Reaction Score
Many teams struggle every year, yet they put fans in the seats. UCONN football never caught the attention of either the alumni or the casual CT fan. It had nothing to do academics coaching etc. The school just never sold the program. Somebody was asleep at the wheel. I hope that Diaco can change the paradigm. It's a tall order.

Also they should just stop playing basketball to half empty crowds at XL. Women as well.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Many teams struggle every year, yet they put fans in the seats. UCONN football never caught the attention of either the alumni or the casual CT fan. It had nothing to do academics coaching etc. The school just never sold the program. Somebody was asleep at the wheel. I hope that Diaco can change the paradigm. It's a tall order.

Also they should just stop playing basketball to half empty crowds at XL. Women as well.

What are you talking about with regards to UConn's football attendance? UConn always had good football attendance, with the exception being end of the season games in bad seasons against awful teams. That's not a UConn problem, that's a problem any team would have.

The fallacy that UConn has always had tepid football support is just another thing that we let get out of control.

Reaction Score

You're act is as old as dirt but at least you've moved on from your silly 25,000 seat stadium line.

Reaction Score
You're act is as old as dirt but at least you've moved on from your silly 25,000 seat stadium line.
Always have to remind you what the real problem is. Everybody likes to dance around it, but it is the issue for any move to another conference. We don't draw and we have to change it. At the end of the Memphis game I could literally count the fans left. Same for he RU game. Most of you guys either did not show or had been long gone so pleae don't lecture me on my act. We need to fill it every week and people can't leave early.

Reaction Score
Always have to remind you what the real problem is. Everybody likes to dance around it, but it is the issue for any move to another conference. We don't draw and we have to change it. At the end of the Memphis game I could literally count the fans left. Same for he RU game. Most of you guys either did not show or had been long gone so pleae don't lecture me on my act. We need to fill it every week and people can't leave early.

Did you happen to see Jordan Hare Stadium down in Auburn towards the end of their 3-9 campaign only 2 years removed from a NC? Did Maryland and RU get a B1G invite because of their stellar attendance?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Thank you for making clear your intention to never provide a meaningful contribution to this board. You are now on ba-lock.

Reaction Score
Thank you for making clear your intention to never provide a meaningful contribution to this board. You are now on ba-lock.
You just don't like the truth Hank. That means I did not see you at the end of the Memphis game either. Sorry that I get discouraged about the fan base when I am the only bloody guy left in the stadium at the end of one of our best games of the season.

This trend started long before PP and GDL. I'd be embarrassed to report the turnstile numbers for each game. Then subtract the people who left early. You guys are in a dream world. We either start supporting the team no matter what or stay where we are.

graph2_zps93f5ff58.jpg

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You just don't like the truth Hank. That means I did not see you at the end of the Memphis game either. Sorry that I get discouraged about the fan base when I am the only bloody guy left in the stadium at the end of one of our best games of the season.

This trend started long before PP and GDL. I'd be embarrassed to report the turnstile numbers for each game. Then subtract the people who left early. You guys are in a dream world. We either start supporting the team no matter what or stay where we are.

graph2_zps93f5ff58.jpg
Out of curiosity, if you have those statistics at your disposal why do you continually throw out the 25k line?

Also, take away the Pasqualoni trainwreck and you are looking at something pretty solid (especially when you factor in a recession).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wow, ticket attendance dropped by a couple thousand after a couple miserable seasons?!

Wow, not many people stayed to the end of a meaningless blowout vs Memphis inDecember?!

Time to shut it down!

This year the fan base will be re-energized and. attendance will reflect that.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Not to let facts get in the way of stupid comments, but I was at the Memphis game utnil the end.

Reaction Score

So your' re saying we are not in a new conference because we only fill the stadium to 87% capacity after 3 straight losing seasons concluding with a 3-9 season. I bet many schools would love to have that kind of attendance!

Reaction Score
i suggest you tie them to their seats. i was there also and while attendance was poor why dont you tell us how many you counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom