Rutgers just can't have nice things, can they | The Boneyard

Rutgers just can't have nice things, can they

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Five football players, among 10 total students have been arrested on various charges, including home invasion.

Link

Some think Flood is done, especially after is interaction with a professor, and that Greg Schiano will be brought back.

I would like to commend the university if they did cooperate with the authorities in this matter. Other schools would have covered it up.

Last edited:

dayooper

Reaction Score
Apparently, one of the players charged is the player at the heart of Flood's emails to the professor.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still question the quality of the due diligence the B1G performed before extending an offer to Rutgers. When they got the offer they no better an investment than a video store.

Reaction Score
Dana O'Neil ‏@ESPNDanaOneil · 43m43 minutes ago
To recap Rutgers recent history: strip FT game, Julie Hermann mess, Mike Rice, Fred Hill, change grade email, home invasion... Big Ten

dayooper

Reaction Score
You know what, I love the recruiting grounds of NJ. Michigan has 3 four star recruits from there this year and in the mix for the #1 national DT recruit, also from NJ. Rutgers is a mess, but it puts us in the area (New Jersey). Without a viable home team there, it's great for picking off talent. Baltimore and DC are very similar.

Reaction Score
To recap Rutgers recent history: strip FT game, Julie Hermann mess, Mike Rice, Fred Hill, change grade email, home invasion... Big Ten
Charlie Sheen would say "Big Ten...... winning!"

Reaction Score
I still question the quality of the due diligence the B1G performed before extending an offer to Rutgers. When they got the offer they no better an investment than a video store.

You can't coach geography. From the beginning it's been about the NYC DMA for Delaney and I am sure he still has absolutely no regrets.

Cable Box U. Unless they move the campus to Camden, they'll never fall out of favor in the B1G.

Reaction Score
Obviously Delaney is fine with this, but I wonder if there is ever a point where enough school presidents get together to vote Rutgers out.

No idea what the bylaws call for, but there is precedent in conferences expelling members in the past.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Obviously Delaney is fine with this, but I wonder if there is ever a point where enough school presidents get together to vote Rutgers out.

No idea what the bylaws call for, but there is precedent in conferences expelling members in the past.

I don't know. Rutgers, academically is a big thing for the Presidents. The merger with the medical school was a high point and the increased exposure to NYC students is such a huge thing, I think they will be alright with it. If the university cooperated with authorities instead of trying to cover it up, that will be seen as a plus as well.

There are rumors that Flood may be fired soon.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Rutgers, academically is a big thing for the Presidents. The merger with the medical school was a high point and the increased exposure to NYC students is such a huge thing, I think they will be alright with it. If the university cooperated with authorities instead of trying to cover it up, that will be seen as a plus as well.

There are rumors that Flood may be fired soon.

I mean things will have to get MUCH MUCH MUCH worst to consider expelling Rutgers or any other team from the conference. So much money tied up in that kind of action.

I mean they would have to receive the NCAA Death Penalty to probably get the boot, which if Penn State couldn't get, I don't see it ever being handed out again.

Reaction Score

Two words - North Carolina

Reaction Score
You know what, I love the recruiting grounds of NJ. Michigan has 3 four star recruits from there this year and in the mix for the #1 national DT recruit, also from NJ. Rutgers is a mess, but it puts us in the area (New Jersey). Without a viable home team there, it's great for picking off talent. Baltimore and DC are very similar.

I agree, there will always be the 4/5 star recruit who wants to play at the local U in front of friends and family versus the glamor of the Alabama's, USC's, etc. of the world unless that Local U is a laughing stock, which is what Rutgers has become under Hermann. Michigan & Ohio St likely won't benefit much more over what they already have due to this mess ; but the, next tier down, especially Penn St. will as it is the next closest big time football school.
Five football players, among 10 total students have been arrested on various charges, including home invasion.

Link

Some think Flood is done, especially after is interaction with a professor, and that Greg Schiano will be brought back.

I would like to commend the university if they did cooperate with the authorities in this matter. Other schools would have covered it up.

Flood is done because Barchi and Hermann can't be touched right now due to Jersey politics.

Reaction Score
Obviously Delaney is fine with this...

Why is that obvious - silence? No public lamenting?

I'd love to hear the phone calls btwn Hermann and Delany!

Public embarrassment of the league cannot sit well (they don't have the tOSU pedigree to buy latitude).

Reaction Score

She forgot to mention their non-graduate men's head basketball Eddie Jordan. How could the RU athletic department write an official bio for Jordan claiming he graduated from the school when he didn't? Can't be that hard to confirm this with your own registrars office. (Though to be fair, Jordan did get his degree this May....two years later.)

Reaction Score
RU = the nasty little rich delinquent everyone despises but is forced to tolerate.

Reaction Score
You didn't need RU in the B1G to clean up in the state of NJ recruiting wise. B1G schools ALWAYS did well recruiting the top NJ kids.

Reaction Score

Link

The NJ hs coaches were not happy with the way Schiano left. They like Flood a lot. This may not be such a slam dunk hire as people may think.

Reaction Score
When your AD rips the press and then you hand the press a freebie, these are the stories that the press run.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/sul...t-seat-but-problems-run-much-deeper-1.1403536

"...another day, another embarrassing headline, another foray into national notoriety"

"Flood may not find his way out of this storm, not with an ongoing investigation into his alleged improper contact with a professor regarding a grade now paling in comparison..."

"Fire Flood? If only that would solve the problems at the most dysfunctional sports management this side of the Washington Redskins."

"Trust current AD Julie Hermann to hire a replacement? She can’t even be trusted to speak publicly during Flood’s current troubles..."

"Ask President Robert Barchi to step in and help? He can’t even pretend he likes the big-time athletics part of his job,"

"Fire Flood...“No one has the money to buy him out, and no one has the stomach over there to do it,”"

"But this is Rutgers, and if we have learned anything across the tortured athletic history of New Jersey’s perpetually underachieving state university, it is this: If there is a way to mishandle a situation, Rutgers will find it."

"Barring a willingness to completely clean house, to fire Flood and Hermann and beg Schiano to end his coaching hiatus and return to Rutgers, why bother? Never mind having the stomach for it. Rutgers doesn’t have the brains. That’s the bigger problem here."

dayooper

Reaction Score
You didn't need RU in the B1G to clean up in the state of NJ recruiting wise. B1G schools ALWAYS did well recruiting the top NJ kids.

PSU always recruited NJ well. Michigan has had a few recruits, but they are really targeting the state now. Maybe it's the new coaching staff, but they have hit the state hard.

Reaction Score

When you add Rutgers to your conference, that means Rutgers is in your conference.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. I mean, they added Rutgers. This is what they are. They are just being Rutgers.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

NJ is a great recruiting ground for everyone in the B1G...except Rutgers. Cable Box U delivered the only thing they could: cable boxes and recruiting territory. Enjoy those NJ ballers, we've had a few good ones come up to us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom