Rutgers hosting their OV's | The Boneyard

Rutgers hosting their OV's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I posted this a while back, but I will share because many people don't know how Rutgers recruits during their OV's.

Since Rutgers is withing a certain radius to NYC, they get to treat the recruits on official visits to a night out in NYC. The recruits get to bring 1 family member to stay with them. They are put up in a swanky hotel for two nights all expenses paid.

Rutgers has these big black caddie SUV's, they have a big red R on the side. I've seen pictures of them. The recruits and their guest are chauffeured around times square, cause you know, they're NY's college football team. The funny thing is that Syracuse can't take their recruits into NYC cause they don't fall within the radius limit.

A Rutgers player will play host to the recruit and their guest and they get to spend petty cash on the trip.

In the past after the NYC trip, the recruits would have a big dinner at Schiano's McMansion in Jersey with the works, and then they visit the campus and stadium, then Rutgers talks about the academics and now probably the big 10.

I don't think that Flood makes anything near what Schiano made, so I don't think they go to Floods house for dinner.

There's not a team in the BE that recruits like this. I know that recruits like the attention, they've had stellar classes in the past. That's Rutgers for you, all show.

Reaction Score
I posted this a while back, but I will share because many people don't know how Rutgers pulls out all of the stop during their OV's.

Since Rutgers is withing a certain radius to NYC, they get to treat the recruits on official visits to a night out in NYC. The recruits get to bring 1 family member to stay with them. They are put up in a swanky hotel for two nights all expenses paid.

Rutgers has these big black caddie SUV's, they have a big red R on the side. I've seen pictures of them. The recruits and their guest are chauffeured around times square, cause you know, they're NY's college football team. The funny thing is that Syracuse can't take their recruits into NYC cause they don't fall within the radius limit.

A Rutgers player will play host to the recruit and their guest and they get to spend petty cash on the trip.

In the past after the NYC trip, the recruits would have a big dinner at Schiano's McMansion in Jersey with the works, and then they visit the campus and stadium, then Rutgers talks about the academics and now probably the big 10.

I don't think that Flood makes anything near what Schiano made, so I don't think they go to Floods house for dinner.

There's not a team in the BE that recruits like this. I know that recruits like the attention, they've had stellar classes in the past. That's Rutgers for you, all show.

You ever been to Rutgers "campus"? They have to do something to distract the kids from that sprawling thole. I don't blame them.

Reaction Score
You ever been to Rutgers "campus"? They have to do something to distract the kids from that sprawling thole. I don't blame them.

Lol. Yes, I have seen the campus and yes it is a bit unsightly. You can put lipstick on a pig..

Reaction Score
We still got the XL Center, Aetna, Cigna and United Healthcare. We'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom