Rutgers has #3 recruiting class of 2012 ... The ESPN fix is in ... | The Boneyard

Rutgers has #3 recruiting class of 2012 ... The ESPN fix is in ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's even nicer and quite surprising is that Syracuse sits at #6.

Reaction Score
Too bad they won't be in the Big East for much longer.

Maybe, for the women's team, that is a good thing. Still, I will hate to see Syracuse leave the Big East. Life is infinitely better and happier when it is not all about the money.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wish there would be an article that ranked the classes by how the players filled the needs of the school that signed them. Also what should be taken into consideration is the needs that weren't filled. Another factor that should be taken into consideration is will the signed player immediately start or make a significant contribution off the bench or take a couple of years to contribute.

A&M has the #2 ranked class due to signing 6 players in the Top 100. Two or three of the players they signed will end up as role players and probably will not contribute significantly to A&M's future success. If that was taken into consideration, they would not have the #2 ranked class. I'm not downplaying the talents of the players A&M has signed but how well do the players they signed fit the future needs and are they missing any pieces. For example Tenn's class where they signed Stricklen and the other players was ranked #1 but they didn't get the guard they needed and because of that they haven't gone to the Final Four.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
so here's the interesting thing to me. i looked at the classes going back to 2010. this goes back to my thoughts on teams who will be vying for the NC going forward starting next year.
only 3 teams had classes in the top 10 all 3 years - UCONN, Duke, and aTm. there were several other teams who had 2 top 10 classes in the past 3 years - Rutgers, Tennessee, Stanford, L'ville, Maryland, ND and USC.

to make matters worse for the rest of WCBB, UCONN's classes have been rated 1,2,1 per ASGR and 2,3,1 per HG. i'm not sure that Blue Star gives a class ranking. Duke's classes were right up there being rated 3,1,6 per ASGR and 1,4,7 per HG. aTm's classes were 7,5,2 per ASGR and 9,10,2 per HG.

yes i know it's possible for a team without 4 consecutive classes in the top 10 (see Baylor in 2005, MD in 2006 and aTm last year) but to be favorites for the final 4's, going forward i think it's fair to look at the rankings and infer that UCONN, Duke and aTm have the best shots.

i believe next year it will be UCONN and Baylor with everyone else somewhat farther back, and after that its' all UCONN all the time. of course 2013 is huge and could change the fortunes of a lot of teams. but UCONN looks to be in good shape with some of the top kids in both 2013 and 2014, as well as a stud in 2015...

Reaction Score
A&M has the #2 ranked class due to signing 6 players in the Top 100. Two or three of the players they signed will end up as role players and probably will not contribute significantly to A&M's future success. If that was taken into consideration, they would not have the #2 ranked class.
I have to agree with you. Look at UCONN's 2010 recruiting class - Hartley, Dolson, Walker, Engeln, and Johnson. UCONN got only to players who contribute in games of any meaning. Recruiting can be crap shoot. Maybe this is why A&M took so many. They hope to get 2 or 3 contributors. Hopefully, UCONN goes 3 for 3 with its 2011 and 2012 recruiting classes. Certainly there is one strong contributor, Kaleena, in the 2011 recruiting class and another spot contributor, Kiah, with strong upside. The third. Brianna, is still gestating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom