Rutgers Double Header Friday at 12:00 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers Double Header Friday at 12:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
to the 9th 7up

why not come back with oberg here? to much on his arm in short time? we have our 2-3-4 set for the bot 9th.

OMFG our 3bman just made a play for a out. lol 2 down here, friel just won himself a game ball.

sweeny singles

rutroh another single makes it 1st and 3rd 2 down

feehan in for cross. tough spot here.

@()@*@@*&@^@!%6@%@(^@)&@@_*@**@)&@^&@*@+@

8-7 ruty

Reaction Score
Why does it seem like this game that in every inning Rutgers has scored we have gotten the first 2 guys out and then can't seem to get that 3rd out.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
our last ups here matrin mazz fuller

martin singles

fc at ss. mazz on first 1 out.

david ph single. verdi up 1st and 3rd 2 outs.

i have no clue what just happened. but the end result is a single for verdi and a 8-8 game. we have 1st and 2nd with 2 outs now and dbell up. sounds like a base hit the pitcher couldn't field.

Reaction Score
Line drive off the pitcher that by the time the got to it he had beaten it out.

Reaction Score
Here we go again 2 outs and now 2 straight hits. Issues with the infield. Neither hit hard.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Rutgers gets picked off at 2nd in the top of the 10th; doesn't score. Rutgers isn't talented enough to beat us while making those kinds of mistakes.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Would it not be possible to move Fuller back to 3rd and have someone else play first. Is there no other option for first this year?

Fuller was not a great 3B last year either. He cost us a ton of runs in the Big East tournament specifically. Every ground ball was an adventure. Not saying he isn't better than our current options but I wouldn't expect a guy like Mike Olt to suit up any time this year.

Having said that, in the second game Pavone came in to play 1st and Fuller moved over to third. If Pavone can be an effective 1B then that might be our best option given the success of our 2 Freshmen Catchers. Testani can DH if that's what it comes to because he does have a good bat with (IMO) the potential to be a great power hitter for this program in the coming years.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I imagine anyone who would be following the baseball team was either at the Spring Game or had a previous commitment. We got smacked today, 15-0. Fortunately a loss is a loss and a win is a win so I'll take the two 1 run wins and 1 big loss. Good thing they didn't take 4 runs from today and split them between the first two games.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I imagine anyone who would be following the baseball team was either at the Spring Game or had a previous commitment. We got smacked today, 15-0. Fortunately a loss is a loss and a win is a win so I'll take the two 1 run wins and 1 big loss. Good thing they didn't take 4 runs from today and split them between the first two games.

if rutgers was any top 100 team in college baseball, we get swept easy this weekend.

mets1090

Reaction Score
if rutgers was any top 100 team in college baseball, we get swept easy this weekend.
Fortunately they weren't so we can take the 2 wins and go with it. This team is still just nothing more than consistency away from being the best team in the conference, as hard as that may be to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom