Rutgers doing Rutgers things | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers doing Rutgers things

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well one of the things I understand is that “I am Magine this isn’t a violation” and “this isn’t a violation are two separate things.”

Maybe this will help. Imagine an employee of a company of 100,000 people embezzles $100,000. And when they go to trial the lawyer argues “Your Honor it’s really only one dollar per person on average. Nothing worth getting excited about.” Essentially, that’s your argument. It’s wrong in both cases.

Imagine if wasn't embezzelment and was just an employee taking advantage of an open line of credit that no one monitored.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are the one hell bent on if this a violation or not. I will state again, that in the real world, where no one gives a care about what line 2012245 in the NCAA rule book, this is such a minor thing that getting worked up that Rutgers is doing something insane is quite insane itself. Making something so minor seem like its some big issue seems to be your style I guess by your embezzling story. This is not that.

In fact, I actually gave the corporate equivalent of this above. The corporate equivalent of this is exactly the same thing as the Rutgers players did, but in a corporation. It literally happens every day everywhere and no one gets in trouble. If you used doordash with your corporate account, you would realize how easy it is to charge personal food to the corporate, or if you share your account, for that other person to accidentally order on your account. Happens every day in actual companies and people go without noticing it. Someone then audits it and says, hey whats up with this and you switch the purchase. No one get penalized or fired.
Lol. No, you are “hell bent” on saying “it doesn’t matter to me so therefore it’s not a violation”. I get it it doesn’t matter to you, that’s fine. But within the analysis of athletics it sure seems to be impermissible benefits to the players, a title IX violation since the same benefits weren’t provided to female athletes, and failure to monitor because it wasn’t caught in 13 months.

“But but but I don’t care about it”. Yeah, I got that the first dozen times you posted it.

Reaction Score
You are the one hell bent on if this a violation or not. I will state again, that in the real world, where no one gives a care about what line 2012245 in the NCAA rule book, this is such a minor thing that getting worked up that Rutgers is doing something insane is quite insane itself. Making something so minor seem like its some big issue seems to be your style I guess by your embezzling story. This is not that.

In fact, I actually gave the corporate equivalent of this above. The corporate equivalent of this is exactly the same thing as the Rutgers players did, but in a corporation. It literally happens every day everywhere and no one gets in trouble. If you used doordash with your corporate account, you would realize how easy it is to charge personal food to the corporate, or if you share your account, for that other person to accidentally order on your account. Happens every day in actual companies and people go without noticing it. Someone then audits it and says, hey whats up with this and you switch the purchase. No one get penalized or fired.
bury tv land GIF by #Impastor

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The $73M operating loss could be made up of God knows what. Some of you on this very board will argue to youre blue in the face that UConn's deficit isn't actually the $40M or $50M they report each year.

The football program makes money and is responsible for the $70M+ they'll be cashing yearly for the foreseeable future.

You all sound like a bunch of Krayewskis.

Reaction Score
Lol. No, you are “hell bent” on saying “it doesn’t matter to me so therefore it’s not a violation”. I get it it doesn’t matter to you, that’s fine. But within the analysis of athletics it sure seems to be impermissible benefits to the players, a title IX violation since the same benefits weren’t provided to female athletes, and failure to monitor because it wasn’t caught in 13 months.

“But but but I don’t care about it”. Yeah, I got that the first dozen times you posted it.
It takes a very special person to read me saying that I thought it was a violation in three different responses, never ever saying that I did not think it was one, and read into my argument as being that it isn't a violation.

Given that I don't really care about some kids doordashing incorrectly thinking it's going to take the entire Rutgers football team down forever, you win, you are 100% right.

Let me know when they get the death penalty and I'll give you free reign over my doordash.

Reaction Score
It takes a very special person to read me saying that I thought it was a violation in three different responses, never ever saying that I did not think it was one, and read into my argument as being that it isn't a violation.

Given that I don't really care about some kids doordashing incorrectly thinking it's going to take the entire Rutgers football team down forever, you win, you are 100% right.

Let me know when they get the death penalty and I'll give you free reign over my doordash.
10 of the first 30 posts in this thread...from someone that doesn't care about this. Most people that don't care...don't reply...just saying.

CL82

Reaction Score

So, pro tip: when you feel the need to create strawman arguments to buttress your argument, you don’t have one.

CL82

Reaction Score
FYI …
FE367C00-4633-4AA0-9BFB-F14FAC8C8DF0.jpeg

They are talking about this on the Seton Hall board.

CL82

Reaction Score
Now it's serious that they are talking about this on the Seton Hall board. It's big time now.
I guess, well that and the fact that a senator is requesting an investigation. You should go and testify and let them know that you don’t think it’s a big deal. I’m sure they will care about your opinion.

Reaction Score
I guess, well that and the fact that a senator is requesting an investigation. You should go and testify and let them know that you don’t think it’s a big deal. I’m sure they will care about your opinion.
Oh my, a senator, a single senator in the minority called for an investigation. That is some serious stuff there, the charges may even make it to the Newark youth football league board. The fact that there have been like two posts in response to your post aside from me and you is proof that no one really gives a crap about this. If there is ever any testifying in an actual court or in front of anyone who actually matters, give me a shout and like I said, you can have free reign on my door dash.

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh my, a senator, a single senator in the minority called for an investigation. That is some serious stuff there, the charges may even make it to the Newark youth football league board. The fact that there have been like two posts in response to your post aside from me and you is proof that no one really gives a crap about this. If there is ever any testifying in an actual court or in front of anyone who actually matters, give me a shout and like I said, you can have free reign on my door dash.
Why would this go to court? You really don’t understand how things work do you?

Here’s the thing, if you don’t care, don’t read the thread. You don’t have to tell me after every post that you don’t care.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’m guessing that Rutgers probably pissed off the good Senator for another reason or two along the way.
Seems like it.

Reaction Score
It's quite fitting for someone like you that Rutgers and UConn are exactly tied in the USA today rankings. I went to neither, so matters not to me.
lol @ anyone who takes those rankings seriously.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FYI …
View attachment 78697
They are talking about this on the Seton Hall board.

I sure hope this wouldn't allow Rutgers to check on the Reps and Dems in the Jersey state government to see how politicians spent Covid money on themselves and their staffs.

CL82

Reaction Score
I sure hope this wouldn't allow Rutgers to check on the Reps and Dems in the Jersey state government to see how politicians spent Covid money on themselves and their staffs.
Coincidentally, there is also a call in the senate for a review of Rutgers Covid policy.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lol, the coincidence was that that was what Chin decided to mention.

For what it’s worth, anytime the Rutgers athletic department comes up in a conversation IRL, I always steer it towards the notion that Rutgers would be better off if it left the big 10 went back to regional sports. For the good of the school and the state, of course, but also because I can only think of one other available school that is located in a state that makes up a significant portion of the New York City DMA.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lol, the coincidence was that that was what Chin decided to mention.

For what it’s worth, anytime the Rutgers athletic department comes up in a conversation IRL, I always steer it towards the notion that Rutgers would be better off if it left the big 10 went back to regional sports. For the good of the school and the state, of course, but also because I can only think of one other available school that is located in a state that makes up a significant portion of the New York City DMA.

Sure seems like Rutgers comes up quite a bit in your conversations for someone who claims to live in NJ and has never met one Rutgers fan.

CL82

Reaction Score
Sure seems like Rutgers comes up quite a bit in your conversations for someone who claims to live in NJ and has never met one Rutgers fan.
Lol, where did you get that? I know Rutgers fans and have gone to many, many games with them over the years.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lol, where did you get that? I know Rutgers fans and have gone to many, many games with them over the years.

I thought it was your comment about not knowing any Rutgers fans. I looked back, you said you didn't know any fans that weren't alum - which as dubious as that statement is - I did misrepresent your post so Mea culpa.

CL82

Reaction Score
I thought it was your comment about not knowing any Rutgers fans. I looked back, you said you didn't know any fans that weren't alum - which as dubious as that statement is - I did misrepresent your post so Mea culpa.
I don’t know any Rutgers fans who aren’t alumni. Do you?

I live in New Jersey in my immediate area say within a mile, mile and a half of my house I know of four UConn fans and not a single Rutgers one. Literally, not one. Syracuse, Boston College, Notre Dame, yep, yep, yep… Rutgers nope.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don’t know any Rutgers fans who aren’t alumni. Do you?

I live in New Jersey in my immediate area say within a mile, mile and a half of my house I know of four UConn fans and not a single Rutgers one. Literally, not one. Syracuse, Boston College, Notre Dame, yep, yep, yep… Rutgers nope.

Yes - It's certainly not as ubiquitous as UConn fans in Connecticut, but their fanbase (along with Seton Hall) has a larger presence then I can ever remember.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom