Rutgers doing Rutgers things | The Boneyard

Rutgers doing Rutgers things

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
USA Today Article

Unlimited and unmonitored Door Dash predictably got abused.

Off the top of my head, I see potential title IX issues, potential impermissible benefits, and failure to monitor. Of course that assumes that anyone cares enough about Rutgers to actually follow up on it. I mean when you’re coming off two consecutive years of $73 million deficits, who cares about another $450,000?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
USA Today Article

Unlimited and unmonitored Door Dash predictably got abused.

Off the top of my head, I see potential title IX issues, potential impermissible benefits, and failure to monitor. Of course that assumes that anyone cares enough about Rutgers to actually follow up on it. I mean when you’re coming off two consecutive years of $73 million deficits, who cares about another $450,000?
Less than a hundred dollars a week per Football player doesn't seem like abuse. I would have projected that a person would spend a hundred bucks a week on ordered food easy if I were modelling this out. If they didn't then that's on them.

Reaction Score
Less than a hundred dollars a week per Football player doesn't seem like abuse. I would have projected that a person would spend a hundred bucks a week on ordered food easy if I were modelling this out. If they didn't then that's on them.
That would only be 14 dollars a day. Two big macs and a large fry

CL82

Reaction Score
Because that’s how violations work right? It’s not the individual amounts it’s the total amount averaged over the entire football team

Did you read the article? Some partook far more than others including ordering stuff and getting it delivered to NY while they were in FL, and ordering non-food items. It’s definitely problematic. How problematic depends on whether anyone decides to look into the specifics and pursue it.

Reaction Score
Because that’s how violations work right? It’s not the individual amounts it’s the total amount averaged over the entire football team

Did you read the article? Some partook far more than others including ordering stuff and getting it delivered to NY while they were in FL, and ordering non-food items. It’s definitely problematic. How problematic depends on whether anyone decides to look into the specifics and pursue it.
They found the one order away, a few orders from non food places and everything else was actually better than expected. There is zero chance you can get 5 meals on door dash for 75 bucks. With all the charges and everything McDonald's big Mac meal runs above 30 bucks delivered. To anyone who has ordered from door dash it appears that if 5 meals a week was intended, these boys were quite shrewd with the money. And then you throw in a few stupid buys, which in fact usually occur by accident when someone uses your account and doesn't switch payment not knowing. I see the numbers at my work for this and if those were the only mistakes they found, then they are better than any corporate workers I have ever seen.

CL82

Reaction Score
They found the one order away, a few orders from non food places and everything else was actually better than expected. There is zero chance you can get 5 meals on door dash for 75 bucks. With all the charges and everything McDonald's big Mac meal runs above 30 bucks delivered. To anyone who has ordered from door dash it appears that if 5 meals a week was intended, these boys were quite shrewd with the money. And then you throw in a few stupid buys, which in fact usually occur by accident when someone uses your account and doesn't switch payment not knowing. I see the numbers at my work for this and if those were the only mistakes they found, then they are better than any corporate workers I have ever seen.
So, is that the standard? Impermissible are allowed if they were better managed them “corporate workers“? Title IX violations are allowed so long as “the boys are quite shrewd”? Failure to monitor and catch the impermissible benefits is OK so long as it’s “better than expected“?

Because I feel like that’s not how it works.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I hate Rutgers as much as the next guy but now that the B1G signed their deal with NBC, CBS, and FOX, and the SEC is with ESPN, no one is going to touch any school in those conferences. It's a P2 world and everyone outside is just throwing money down the drain in the hope of being invited to the ball.

Reaction Score
It may or may not be how it works, but I'm not talking about how it works, never said anything about how it works in enforcement. I'm talking about what reasonable, sane people would think about it. Two differ not things.

CL82

Reaction Score
It may or may not be how it works, but I'm not talking about how it works, never said anything about how it works in enforcement. I'm talking about what reasonable, sane people would think about it. Two differ not things.
Oh, so you aren’t talking about the rules you’re talking about what you believe the rules should be… Got it.

Reaction Score

Ordering on doordash…. I’ll take the Tacos, a drink and chips and salsa.

DoorDash: That’ll be 44.95, see you in two hours

Reaction Score
Oh, so you aren’t talking about the rules you’re talking about what you believe the rules should be… Got it.
Sorry, I wasn't on the memo that said this thread was about a violation of some minor minute rule that in practicality shouldn't even be there. By the headline of the thread it certainly seemed substantive, thus I was surprised to find its not.

CL82

Reaction Score
Sorry, I wasn't on the memo that said this thread was about a violation of some minor minute rule that in practicality shouldn't even be there. By the headline of the thread it certainly seemed substantive, thus I was surprised to find its not.
That’s OK. Try to do better next time.

For what it’s worth whether or not somethings substantive would be determined by whether it violets the rules, not what you imagine the rules should be, right?

Reaction Score
That’s OK. Try to do better next time.

For what it’s worth whether or not somethings substantive would be determined by whether it violets the rules, not what you imagine the rules should be, right?
I'll bet they racked up a parking ticket or two between all 85 of them. Maybe they need the death penalty in football and perhaps life in jail.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'll bet they racked up a parking ticket or two between all 85 of them. Maybe they need the death penalty in football and perhaps life in jail.
You really don’t have a good understanding of the NCAA rules and penalties, do you?

Reaction Score
Understanding the rules and understanding this is not UNC creating fake classes are two different things. I understand both of those things, you apparently only understand one of them.

Reaction Score
Rutger's education, go figure...
It's quite fitting for someone like you that Rutgers and UConn are exactly tied in the USA today rankings. I went to neither, so matters not to me.

CL82

Reaction Score
Understanding the rules and understanding this is not UNC creating fake classes are two different things. I understand both of those things, you apparently only understand one of them.
Well one of the things I understand is that “I am Magine this isn’t a violation” and “this isn’t a violation are two separate things.”

Maybe this will help. Imagine an employee of a company of 100,000 people embezzles $100,000. And when they go to trial the lawyer argues “Your Honor it’s really only one dollar per person on average. Nothing worth getting excited about.” Essentially, that’s your argument. It’s wrong in both cases.

Reaction Score
Well one of the things I understand is that “I am Magine this isn’t a violation” and “this isn’t a violation are two separate things.”

Maybe this will help. Imagine an employee of a company of 100,000 people embezzles $100,000. And when they go to trial the lawyer argues “Your Honor it’s really only one dollar per person on average. Nothing worth getting excited about.” Essentially, that’s your argument. It’s wrong in both cases.
You are the one hell bent on if this a violation or not. I will state again, that in the real world, where no one gives a care about what line 2012245 in the NCAA rule book, this is such a minor thing that getting worked up that Rutgers is doing something insane is quite insane itself. Making something so minor seem like its some big issue seems to be your style I guess by your embezzling story. This is not that.

In fact, I actually gave the corporate equivalent of this above. The corporate equivalent of this is exactly the same thing as the Rutgers players did, but in a corporation. It literally happens every day everywhere and no one gets in trouble. If you used doordash with your corporate account, you would realize how easy it is to charge personal food to the corporate, or if you share your account, for that other person to accidentally order on your account. Happens every day in actual companies and people go without noticing it. Someone then audits it and says, hey whats up with this and you switch the purchase. No one get penalized or fired.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom