Rutgers competative struggle in the B1G | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rutgers competative struggle in the B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Some sports do not register....particularly Olympic sports......for example...does anyone really care that UNC won the men's and the women's Lax this year or that UNC has won 21 National Championships in Women's Soccer?

If it isn't football or men's basketball, it falls way back on the register.
UConn has won 10 National Championships in POLO.

That MUST be huge in places like Beverley Hills and Westchester County.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Yeah old pic. Pre B1G. But it's ok. Just be patient. I guess.
Does the B1G deal include a copy of the Atkins diet and a gym membership for the fans? Otherwise not seeing how it makes a difference.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Rutgers recently had a fan raffle. First place was two season tickets to every sport. Second place was four season tickets...
Third prize must be a one-year appointment as the school's athletic director.

Reaction Score
If you were to exclude your games against local powerhouses Bucknell, Stevens Institute, Lafayette & Lehigh (the latter two who you shared a very exclusive alignment with for half a century called the 'Middle Three Conference) what would your lifetime winning percentage be?

When RU was playing Lehigh, Lafayette, Bucknell, and Stevens institute, we were D1AA JUST LIKE them (RU was DIAA until 1980) so I'd say your question is completely irrelevant.

Why ask such a dumb question? Lehigh, Lafayette, and Rutgers were in the exact same NCAA category back then as UCONN.

Reaction Score
Here's your e-f-f-i-n-g- problem - you have a perpetual, gnawing feeling in the deep and dark recesses of your tortured psyche that, regardless of how much money Rutroh gets in payouts or what league they are in; they will continue to suck. You are confronted with the fundamental problem of trying to convince others that you actually can put lipstick on a pig. And, oh, what a pig Rutroh is! Just consider yourself lucky and leave it at that. You are well advised to take your display of ignorance and petulance elsewhere.

RU hasn't figured out how to SUCK as bad as UCONN football, so until we have lost more games in our history then we've won, I'll leave that level of sucking to UCONN. Almost no one does it as well as you!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
When RU was playing Lehigh, Lafayette, Bucknell, and Stevens institute, we were D1AA JUST LIKE them (RU was DIAA until 1980) so I'd say your question is completely irrelevant.

Why ask such a dumb question? Lehigh, Lafayette, and Rutgers were in the exact same NCAA category back then as UCONN.
Rutgers was D1AA until 1980? On what planet?

Division 1 didn't split into 1A & 1AA until the 1979-1980 academic/athletic year.

You are a bigger loser than your school is.

Reaction Score

Division 1 didn't split into 1A & 1AA until the 1979-1980 academic/athletic year.

Hilarious. The people who programmed mainlinedave have some serious debugging to do. I have to think, with modern technology, they can feed him more than two lines.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure pre-1980 rutgers was in the University classification while UConn was in the College classification. RU always punched down on its scheduling.

CL82

Reaction Score
RU hasn't figured out how to SUCK as bad as UCONN football, so until we have lost more games in our history then we've won, I'll leave that level of sucking to UCONN. Almost no one does it as well as you!
.... and yet here you are on our board bitching about us? Geesh you guys won the lottery (sort of, since the B1G pays you like you are the landscapers, but still) aren't there B1G programs you can go stalk? You guys known accross the internet for your neediness but you seem to have a special creepy affection for us.

Reaction Score
According to a recent article in SBNation, Rutgers is the crown jewel of conference expansion. They claim that Rutgers will be the next great football dynasty. (Seriously).

CL82

Reaction Score
According to a recent article in SBNation, Rutgers is the crown jewel of conference expansion. They claim that Rutgers will be the next great football dynasty. (Seriously).
I will tell you that RU is poised to explode, academically and athletically. That's a benefit of being a B1G school. It's a huge image and (self) perception jump. While I don't underestimate their ability to shoot themselves in the foot, their change in conference affiliation may be too good a deal for even Rutgers to screw up. Although you know they'll give it their best shot.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Rutgers is a cluster. It always has been and always will be. It's in their DNA.

Reaction Score
At least one Rutgers fans keeps it real. Gotta give props for that, at least.

Reaction Score
I just got a good chuckle after visiting the CR Thread on Land Thieves. Our old pal Stimpy made an appearance and he's still as salty as ever regarding the B1G and Rutgers/UMD. Spoiler Alert. The ACC is still a land of milk and honey, and the inclusion of Louisville still a stroke of Swoff's Genius.

Reaction Score
Land Thieves is in a lull. Stimpy made an appearance a couple months ago an again recently (as you noted). Now half the posts over there come up as "ignored" for me.

After the long run of craziness over there, I still think UConn will be in the Big Ten some day. The Big 12's tangled web of little brothers and big bro Texas is just too complicated to figure out anytime soon (unless, that is, if Oklahoma has something interesting to say on Tuesday).

Reaction Score
Land Thieves is in a lull. Stimpy made an appearance a couple months ago an again recently (as you noted). Now half the posts over there come up as "ignored" for me.

After the long run of craziness over there, I still think UConn will be in the Big Ten some day. The Big 12's tangled web of little brothers and big bro Texas is just too complicated to figure out anytime soon (unless, that is, if Oklahoma has something interesting to say on Tuesday).
I love that "some day". I will win the lottery some day too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom