Rutgers Coach claims........ | The Boneyard

Rutgers Coach claims........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
SEC teams won't play RU. sorry no link herd it on college football live (ESPN)

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
LO freakin L. Yeah, this is the same crap Boise State always pulls. "They won't play us", when the reality is there is ZERO incentive for those teams to play home and homes with the likes of Rutgers. LSU has had home/homes with Va Tech, West Virginia, has one coming with Oklahoma...not freakin Rutgers.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot to add....one reason why LSU likely wouldn't even return your call is that they are finalizing a deal to play Wisconsin at Lambeau field that weekend. Yes, Lambeau field. That is why they won't be is Piscatatway.

Reaction Score
Boise State played Georgia in Atlanta two years ago and will play Ole Miss next year in Atlanta (no return games in Boise). Is Rutgers is going to have to go the same route if it wants to play the SEC in the near future?

Reaction Score
Rutgers beat Arkansas at Arkansas last year..just sayin

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Rutgers beat Arkansas at Arkansas last year..just sayin
Arkansas was 4-8. Rutgers beat UConn at home. UConn beat Louisville on the road. Lousiville beat Florida in a BCS Bowl game. Rutgers was a BCS Bowl Champion...Wait. No they weren't.

The transitive property doesn't work well in sports. It's even more inapplicable in this case. Beating the Razorbacks does not mean they also beat 'Bama. It barely means they could potentially beat Kentucky. We aren't talking about the McFadden era Razorbacks. They weren't even a Hillis level Arkansas team.

Reaction Score
Love it. Vandy will home and home with us but not Rutgirls. Maybe it's Snookie or the Guido's they don't want to be asociated with and Rutgirls is just collateral damage.

Reaction Score
Arkansas was 4-8. Rutgers beat UConn at home. UConn beat Louisville on the road. Lousiville beat Florida in a BCS Bowl game. Rutgers was a BCS Bowl Champion...Wait. No they weren't.

The transitive property doesn't work well in sports. It's even more inapplicable in this case. Beating the Razorbacks does not mean they also beat 'Bama. It barely means they could potentially beat Kentucky. We aren't talking about the McFadden era Razorbacks. They weren't even a Hillis level Arkansas team.

My response was about as far from the transitive property as there could be. Rutgers beat an SEC team last year. No transitive...very direct

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So basically all you have to do is say something media wise and your team gets some coverage. Or you can make great videos and commercials like rich rod is at zona.

Some one forward this to uconn as none of them have got this memo yet even though its been a public one since 1823. F UCF this school sucks at tooting the horn

Husky25

Reaction Score
So basically all you have to do is say something media wise and your team gets some coverage. Or you can make great videos and commercials like rich rod is at zona.

Some one forward this to uconn as none of them have got this memo yet even though its been a public one since 1823. F UCF this school sucks at tooting the horn

Why don't YOU forward it to UConn. Know your audience. We, by and large, are not the decision makers. If you have a good idea, forward through the proper channels, which may not include the Boneyard. Start a dialogue.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why don't YOU forward it to UConn. Know your audience. We, by and large, are not the decision makers. If you have a good idea, forward through the proper channels, which may not include the Boneyard. Start a dialogue.
You must be new or something.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I've been here for 8 months and you still don't know your audience.

I reached out to uconn many times on a ath dept level. They want almost nothing to do with me. I gave them some ideas and things to chat about.

All they did in return is tell me my avitar was hurting the school and that they would like me to get rid of it. S I played a nice fan and I changed it. Then they told me thru pms on twitter I should get rid of it. So I did. How is that working out for uconn recruiting? Recruiting has fallen off a cliff is the answer. Because I got it and they didn't. It's all about perception and showing a pulse. Other schools have 20 fake accounts they peper recruits with on purpose. It took actual fans to follow me on there to try to get something going then uconn shot it down.

Uconn doesn't give 2 craps about sports. They are trying to just f the school fanbase over. Ppl here claim they have been fans since x years ago. Great. I applauded u. How does it feel that your investment all those years is going down the drain because your current leaders are trying to kill the program? Wake up step up and do something.

From blue cups to twitter to the ore game I have given ideas and got zilch back. Actually I got hammered by them. Even worse.

The worst part is I almost daily with a member of the program and if sucks having to hear about the place being a fcs school still.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I reached out to uconn many times on a ath dept level. They want almost nothing to do with me. I gave them some ideas and things to chat about.

All they did in return is tell me my avitar was hurting the school and that they would like me to get rid of it. S I played a nice fan and I changed it. Then they told me thru pms on twitter I should get rid of it. So I did. How is that working out for uconn recruiting? Recruiting has fallen off a cliff is the answer. Because I got it and they didn't. It's all about perception and showing a pulse. Other schools have 20 fake accounts they peper recruits with on purpose. It took actual fans to follow me on there to try to get something going then uconn shot it down.

Uconn doesn't give 2 craps about sports. They are trying to just f the school fanbase over. Ppl here claim they have been fans since x years ago. Great. I applauded u. How does it feel that your investment all those years is going down the drain because your current leaders are trying to kill the program? Wake up step up and do something.

From blue cups to twitter to the ore game I have given ideas and got zilch back. Actually I got hammered by them. Even worse.

The worst part is I almost daily with a member of the program and if sucks having to hear about the place being a fcs school still.

Hang on a second, so you're saying that you deleting your twitter account has single-handedly made UConn football recruiting drop off a cliff?

Got it

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hang on a second, so you're saying that you deleting your twitter account has single-handedly made UConn football recruiting drop off a cliff?

Got it

Yup

Husky25

Reaction Score

I don't want to sound unjustly patronizing, but knowing your audience includes more than just to whom you direct your message. It also includes the manner in which that message is conveyed. If the Athletic Dept. does in fact monitor these boards, I'm positive they don't like to hear that they, "don't get it." People don't appreciate being talked about in that manner, and they certainly don't appreciate being talked to in that manner. If any of your correspondences with the athletic dept. are worded like they are here (lack of punctuation, misspellings, and curse word euphemisms), it comes off as childish and they rightly will treat you as such. You don't do yourself, this program, or the school from where you actually graduated for that matter, any favors by acting like a petulent child.

Okay, I'm off my soap box. Have a nice evening everyone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Love it. Vandy will home and home with us but not Rutgirls. Maybe it's Snookie or the Guido's they don't want to be asociated with and Rutgirls is just collateral damage.

Rutgers has played Vandy in a home and home series back in the early years of Schiano. Ole Miss did say no to Rutgers because they didn't want to travel to NJ as a return trip. Ole Miss was more concern with getting a 7th home game. It one reason how Arkansas end up on the schedule.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Kyle Flood went to Iona. Chances are he thinks SEC spells NAIA.

Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot to add....one reason why LSU likely wouldn't even return your call is that they are finalizing a deal to play Wisconsin at Lambeau field that weekend. Yes, Lambeau field. That is why they won't be is Piscatatway.

@WOW,Lambeau?btw if they want recruits Wisconson's gonna really help and great for exposure in the woods!If a bear.....oh well you know that line!!I wonder if they won't play at Metlife how we could get a decent game now if RU can't?Nit wit!!Maybe whining about others will help you feel better about your own situation!Man,RU's running out of spots for next years recruits!

Reaction Score
I don't want to sound unjustly patronizing, but knowing your audience includes more than just to whom you direct your message. It also includes the manner in which that message is conveyed. If the Athletic Dept. does in fact monitor these boards, I'm positive they don't like to hear that they, "don't get it." People don't appreciate being talked about in that manner, and they certainly don't appreciate being talked to in that manner. If any of your correspondences with the athletic dept. are worded like they are here (lack of punctuation, misspellings, and curse word euphemisms), it comes off as childish and they rightly will treat you as such. You don't do yourself, this program, or the school from where you actually graduated for that matter, any favors by acting like a petulent child.

Okay, I'm off my soap box. Have a nice evening everyone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

@HFD's sincerity and love of UConn shine's through his every post and at least he's giving idea's that he hopes will actually elevate the program!!What have you done here with your snobbery to add to the community on the BY and the school you espouse to love?Offer grammar and spelling lessons?Did you bring apples to the teacher as a kid too?This is a blog for fans not a classroom!

Reaction Score
@The month HFD was off the board it got really dull here!!Some may not appreciate him but he is the "bones" of the boneyard!!Keep fighting HFD...2 or 3 more like you and we might wake up some echoes of our own!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom