Rutgers' AD releases statement after WVU news, NO mention of Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers' AD releases statement after WVU news, NO mention of Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“The landscape in collegiate athletics continues to be a very fluid situation and we continue to be involved in discussions. We remain extremely confident that the result once the movement concludes will be very positive for Rutgers University.

“While there is going to be a period of time between now and then that will cause our constituents and fans a certain level of anxiety, given the unique assets we possess, including our strong and growing academic profile, our AAU status and the location and high level of interest surrounding Rutgers in the nation’s largest television market, we feel confident in the end result for Rutgers.”

_________

Not quite the "rebuilding the Big East" speech Marinatto wanted.

Looks like Rutgers is next.

this is almost exactly what Herbst said a couple of months ago and every took it as us begging the ACC, now when Rutgers says it it means they have other plans lined up? all the ADD of RU said was nothing. "we'll do what's best for the university and we're a unique asset that is desireable" doesn't mean anything other than he doesn't know where they'll be. why would anyone read into statements like this?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
And do you have a logical argument to counter what I say?

16 teams maximizes TV inventory. Specifically, second and third tier TV inventory.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I know you are being serious and I'm not trying to make fun of you. However, that particular sentiment brings to mind that famous Monty Python sketch, the Black Knight. "It's just a flesh wound!"

It's certainly more than a flesh wound but just hoping for a lifeline is reactive and we need to be proactive. The Big East needs to put together the best football conference it can with the best teams from all over the country that it can get. Until there is something promising out there about UConn changing conferences this is the best we can do.

Reaction Score
Oh boy......

He's either got something up his sleeve or he is posturing because he has nothing else to lose
It's not like Rutgers to posture or show their hand. I do know that JOPA has wanted Rutgers in the Big10 for years. He tried to form a northeastern football league years ago that included RU, Cuse and Penn St.

Reaction Score
It's certainly more than a flesh wound but just hoping for a lifeline is reactive and we need to be proactive. The Big East needs to put together the best football conference it can with the best teams from all over the country that it can get. Until there is something promising out there about UConn changing conferences this is the best we can do.

And if Paterno was still alive today this might all play out differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom