Rut roh, Saint Bonaventure leading Marquette 56 to 31 with nine minutes to go in the second half. | The Boneyard

Rut roh, Saint Bonaventure leading Marquette 56 to 31 with nine minutes to go in the second half.

Reaction Score
Their fans showed out big time in Charleston... hoping ours do too at the Prudential Center.
Our fans used to show up in New Jersey all the time when we played Seton Hall at the Meadowlands in the 90’s. Hurley said in his opening press conference that it seemed like there were more UConn fans than Seton Hall fans. I think he was right.

As far as our most recent games in NJ a couple years ago vs FSU in Newark and vs Duke in 2015, how was the turnout?

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
They start five seniors. Marquette's youth finally caught up with them.

Reaction Score
Our fans used to show up in New Jersey all the time when we played Seton Hall at the Meadowlands in the 90’s. Hurley said in his opening press conference that it seemed like there were more UConn fans than Seton Hall fans. I think he was right.

As far as our most recent games in NJ a couple years ago vs FSU in Newark and vs Duke in 2015, how was the turnout?
I was at the Duke game and it seemed roughly 50/45 uconn fans to duke fans with some of the arena empty. Been to most of the MSG games since and its been a big UConn turnout. Not saying we wont show out but hope we bring the noise. They were smug, loud, and imposing during the Marquette game.

Reaction Score

I saw us play the Hall twice at the Meadowlands, the year of our first championship and the next year. Crowd was close to half UConn fans each time.

Have tickets with my son who lives in North Jersey for the St. Bonnies game

Reaction Score
I saw us play the Hall twice at the Meadowlands, the year of our first championship and the next year. Crowd was close to half UConn fans each time.

Have tickets with my son who lives in North Jersey for the St. Bonnies game
I was actually at that Seton Hall game in 1999 as well. IIRC, It was a very low scoring game. 53-48 was the final? But I agree, It probably was about 50% UConn fans that day.

Reaction Score
I managed to score front row seats for the doubleheader in NJ. I imagine there will be quite a few Bonnies fans there but also many more UConn fans due to the women's game preceding it. The Bonnies looked good but it was mostly seniors vs freshman last night. They only go about 6 deep so you would think UConn's depth would wear them out.

Reaction Score
I was actually at that Seton Hall game in 1999 as well. IIRC, It was a very low scoring game. 53-48 was the final? But I agree, It probably was about 50% UConn fans that day.
IIRC, we trailed for a long time but finally took the lead when Ricky Moore stripped his man and took the ball in for a layup, and then we pulled away.

Reaction Score
Gonna say Marquette was worn out playing that extra game. Tough games and no real recovery time. But Bonnies shooting was unreal. Will be surprised if they get that against us but we have to prepare for it. Away game 3 days before at WVU.

Reaction Score
Mark Schmidt is an incredible coach. What he has accomplished in a place like Olean is very impressive. I don’t get the disrespect a few people have just because it‘s the A10. When Bona struggled a bit earlier, it was mainly because Osun Osunniyi was hurt. They don’t go very deep with their roster, their rotation is tight and highly skilled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom