Russell Westbrook, time to show him some love | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Russell Westbrook, time to show him some love

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wilt is the same freak of nature of his generation that Lebron is to his. So who’s better? It’s a debate sure, but to say the argument stops at Magic and Curry is ridiculous in my opinion. One transcends generations, one doesn’t. He’s just someone you see doing incredible things today just like Oscar’s contemporaries saw him doing in his prime. And you see it ad nauseam in an age of social media.
Of course Lebron is better, you have to adjust for competition. It's like asking who's better, someone who scores 50 goals one season in the Italian second league, or Messi. Do you just not believe in the progression of athletes?

Reaction Score
Wizards would be the worst team in the NBA without Westbrook! They will take down Philly. MVP!

Reaction Score
He has a 50.8% TS% this year, which is abysmal. 182nd in the league. His free throw shooting has declined into one of the worst in the league. He's leading the league in turnovers, 5 a game.

Reaction Score
He has averaged a triple double which only one other player in the history of time has done

Reaction Score
He has averaged a triple double which only one other player in the history of time has done

By being a legit ball hog and stats padder.

OKC should have kept Harden instead. Westbrook would have been forgotten if they did.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's more of a compiler than game changer.

Great numbers. Kudos for him.

Reaction Score
For one thing the guy whose record he just broke. Just because the game isn’t the same doesn’t mean you should discount how superior he was amongst his peers. Plus Stockton, Nash as others have mentioned. Magic is far and away number one, but putting Curry at #2 has serious recency bias. I guess you would say Bird sucks too cuz he couldn’t play in today’s league.

Lol Bird would dominate in today’s game, especially with how soft it is. 6’10 and doesn’t miss

Reaction Score
My take on Westbrook is that he is a freak athletically and plays his off at all times. But he is a stat padder. Now, to be fair, I have not seen much of him this year as the NBA has been an afterthought to me. But in the past, there seemed like there was a concerted effort by his teammates to let him grab rebounds (or he would legit steal them) and his assists were "hunted." Meaning, it was common for him to dribble around forever to try and find a guy for an assist as opposed to letting it come naturally as most big assists guy do or in some games he would pass up open shots to try a get an assist. The ball is always in his hand, he's among the league leaders in turnovers every year, his shot selection is at times not very good, and he doesn't shoot it consistently enough to justify the amount he does shoot. This years he's averaging 22/gm on 19 shots @ 44/31/65.

He will go down as a great and is a HOF'er. But, he will never lead a team to a title because his style of play, huge stats notwithstanding, is just not conducive to big wins.

Reaction Score
He is what he is .... all out intensive player. Doesn’t realize his weaknesses and still not a top 5 PG in the league right now.

Reaction Score
1. Magic
2. Curry
3. Stockton
4. Nash
5. Isiah

just my personal rankings.There are many things curry has on Stockton. Rings, MVPs, shooting. To say that it is recent bias doesn’t seem to be fair. Guys like Cousy and West are all time greats but let’s get real, they benefited from the era they played in more than anyone else in the point guard discussion
1 Magic
2 Curry
3 Isiah
4 Stockton
5 Kidd
6 Nash

Reaction Score
MVP!
Since when did we start getting mothers of NBA players who didn't go to UConn on the Boneyard? ?

O.K. I'm assuming you are being sarcastic. The Wizards are 32-38 and in 10th place in the Eastern Conference. He's not anywhere close to an MVP. Unless you value losing more than you do winning. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
1 Magic
2 Curry
3 Isiah
4 Stockton
5 Kidd
6 Nash
Any list without the Big O is a crime. I would put big O ahead of curry for sure.
1. Magic
2. Oscar Robertson
3. Isaiah
4. Stockton
5. Curry

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
For one thing the guy whose record he just broke. Just because the game isn’t the same doesn’t mean you should discount how superior he was amongst his peers. Plus Stockton, Nash as others have mentioned. Magic is far and away number one, but putting Curry at #2 has serious recency bias. I guess you would say Bird sucks too cuz he couldn’t play in today’s league.
While you're being critical, I'll offer that any decent editor would knock off your closing sentence.

Reaction Score
Any list without the Big O is a crime. I would put big O ahead of curry for sure.
1. Magic
2. Oscar Robertson
3. Isaiah
4. Stockton
5. Curry
Forgot about Big O in that case I put Big O right behind Isiah I value championships. Im kind of debating putting Isiah 2nd since he nearly won 3 in a row in the toughest era as the number 1 guy on his team.

Reaction Score
Westbrook has about 3000 more assists in the same number of games.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
44-9-7 to secure the 8 seed as the only player being guarded on his team. Dear lord get this man a good team for the rest of his prime please.

Reaction Score
44-9-7 to secure the 8 seed as the only player being guarded on his team. Dear lord get this man a good team for the rest of his prime please.
Wut? Russ had 23-15-10 today. Still amazing. But Bradley Beal still exists. Might be a good idea to guard him too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom