RU's loses Briyona Canty for season | The Boneyard

RU's loses Briyona Canty for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So sorry to hear that. I hope Briyona is better soon.

Reaction Score
Wow, this young lady has had a rough time. Open heart surgery at such a young age, then knee surgery! Briyona has had more then her share of health problems; I wish her the best of luck in the future.

Reaction Score
What a fighter playing so soon after open heart surgery! An ACL recovery should be fine for someone that tough and she should come back strong.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Every time I see a story like this I cringe. I hate to see this happen to a player. And it also makes you realize that each team is one injury away from losing a vital player that could make or break a season. Some teams (Baylor/Stanford/ND/Duke) could not absorb the loss of their best player and still have a chance at a NC.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She didn't tear her ACL.

Stringer said the knee injury is a bone-on-bone condition that existed prior to her coming to Rutgers. Canty will undergo micro-fracture surgery to correct the problem.
“It’s obvious she can’t be the same player that we know she’s capable of being,” said Stringer, adding Canty will have the surgery within a week. “It’s obvious she needs to have the surgery. We thought about doing both (heart and knee) at the same time.
“She has been hobbling quite a bit. She came (to Piscataway) with it. It has gotten progressively worse.”

Reaction Score
I read that it's a microfracture issue in her knee. If that's correct, that's a very tricky one. I haven't seen a lot of people return to 100% from that. Add to it that Canty's game is about speed, size and explosiveness. It will be interesting to watch her recovery.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Heart surgery and micro fracture surgery! Wow! I'm concerned for the kid. Just get healthy, Briyona, then think about hoops. Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom