OT: - Rumors about Shaka Smart | The Boneyard

OT: Rumors about Shaka Smart

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hmm before the season’s over? I can see getting rid of him, but they are kind of a live dog in this postseason.

Reaction Score
Remind me. Can players transfer without sitting a year if their coach gets fired?

Reaction Score
Wonder if they regret letting Rick Barnes go? He is doing real well at TN.

Reaction Score
He had enough chances. I doubt it. Barnes has done an amazing job this year but I don't think he has built a perennial giant. This strikes me as more of a fluke season

Look at Barnes career results. It’s no fluke, he’s really good! I think he was more likely burnt out at Texas

Reaction Score
IMO, Shaka would be a great fit for any AAC team. Just feel like he was not the right personality for Texas, but did pretty well recruiting there.

But who is hiring in the AAC? Tulane maybe but will they get rid of Dunleavy after 3 seasons? USF has improved in 2 years under Gregory. Memphis, ECU and UConn have new coaches. Tulsa won't get rid of Haith just yet since they are always competitive. Cronin, Dawkins, Marshall, Jankovich, and Sampson are all safe unless they leave for a P5. Temple already has a replacement in place Aaron McKie.

Reaction Score
But who is hiring in the AAC? Tulane maybe but will they get rid of Dunleavy after 3 seasons? USF has improved in 2 years under Gregory. Memphis, ECU and UConn have new coaches. Tulsa won't get rid of Haith just yet since they are always competitive. Cronin, Dawkins, Marshall, Jankovich, and Sampson are all safe unless they leave for a P5. Temple already has a replacement in place Aaron McKie.
Just wait until the coaching carousel begins, AAC is a breeding ground for coaches to move on to the P5 programs.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if SMU moves on from jankovich. Not sure what his contract details are but he's not exactly killing it on the court or on the recruiting trail

Reaction Score

I wouldn’t say Jankovich is safe at all

Reaction Score
Jank needs to go. His 2019 recruiting class is MVC-quality at best. If you're gonna under-recruit then you have be excellent at developing players/X's and O's. He's none of those things.

Reaction Score

Uhhh SMU? How can you say Jankovich is safe? Shaka stays in Texas where I assume he has some recruiting roots already, obviously. Dunleavy has to go soon, but that job isn't that attractive.

Reaction Score
Uhhh SMU? How can you say Jankovich is safe? Shaka stays in Texas where I assume he has some recruiting roots already, obviously. Dunleavy has to go soon, but that job isn't that attractive.

Please see the last post right before your post.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Because of the injuries he has gone through the past 2 years, I highly doubt Jankovich is going anywhere. He is loved by the AD and the administration.
For a season and a half he hasn't been able to run full practice scrimmages
For those of you who say he isn't a good X's and O's guy - you are terribly wrong

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He had enough chances. I doubt it. Barnes has done an amazing job this year but I don't think he has built a perennial giant. This strikes me as more of a fluke season
Barnes is a really good coach as his record shows
Sometimes people overextend their stay

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom