Rumor..................... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rumor.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't think you understand how much people hate Tom Crean around here.

Source: I live in Bloomington.
Buyout is cut in half next year, he will be there another year.

Reaction Score

From what I understand, an alumni group has already raised the funds for his buyout (which drops to $7.5 million on July 1).

Still... I think he gets next season. No Final Four then, and he's gone.

Reaction Score
As someone that hears a lot about Shaka being that I live in Richmond. I'd be completely shocked if he left VCU. Doesn't seem to be about the money or fame with him. He is THE man in Richmond, I just cant seem him leaving.
I think if they waved enough cash in his face he would go.

Reaction Score

I have a friend whose father is a big booster of Marquette athletics. He's told me many times that Tom Crean did not endear himself to many at Marquette. Pretty much said Crean is a pompous . When those type of coaches win people put up with it. When they don't win people don't put up with it.

Reaction Score
I've talked to an Indiana guy who claims that when Crean is dumped, Indiana is planning on opening the vault to try to bring Brad Stevens in first. If he is not interested, they will move on to plan B.

But Stevens is without a doubt the #1 guy they will go for.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I have a friend whose father is a big booster of Marquette athletics. He's told me many times that Tom Crean did not endear himself to many at Marquette. Pretty much said Crean is a pompous . When those type of coaches win people put up with it. When they don't win people don't put up with it.

This characterization of Crean makes a lot of sense because he married the sister of Jim and John Harbaugh, thereby marrying into a family with at least two members of the same ilk.

Reaction Score
I've talked to an Indiana guy who claims that when Crean is dumped, Indiana is planning on opening the vault to try to bring Brad Stevens in first. If he is not interested, they will move on to plan B.

Seems like IU is the elephant graveyard of coaches.

Reaction Score
I think if they waved enough cash in his face he would go.

Not so sure. He's a big fish in a little pond here. Maybe he would but he's already turned down other opportunities. Plus there is a lot more job security at vcu then somewhere else. Could leave no doubt, but I think he likes what he has going on at vcu.

Reaction Score

There is no way Stevens leaves the NBA at this point, unless it's a job at the likes of Duke/UNC/Kentucky/UCLA that open up. Indiana is a shell of the program it used to be. Even though people refer to them as a blueblood, they really aren't even close to what they were in the past. Assembly Hall is also literally falling apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom