Rumor..................... | The Boneyard

Rumor.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Play with me here......there are people suggesting that Crean is out at Indiana with a loss at Michigan State Sat. If so(and long overdue), would Shaka take that job? If he takes that job, does Mack get released and.....................just sayin.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Indiana Jones has found an old grave site in the Sinai marked Goliath. Upon excavating the grave, Jones realized that Goliath was not dead but merely sleeping. After a few weeks of rehab, Jones discovered that Goliath had a nice little jump hook.....

Reaction Score
Play with me here.there are people suggesting that Crean is out at Indiana with a loss at Michigan State Sat. If so(and long overdue), would Shaka take that job? If he takes that job, does Mack get released and......just sayin.

A lot of ifs in that hypothetical, but I don't think Crean would get canned this season. If they weren't going to fire him after a 17-15 season last year, I don't think they can fire him with the team currently at 19-11 in the middle of the B1G standings

Reaction Score
seems odd - young team (7FR, no Sr), in the hunt for a bid, 2 years removed from a conf championship.

I would not see Smart and IU as a good match - that guy either has his eye on a job or 2, or he and his wife so love the fan they are staying in Richmond forever.

Reaction Score
I think Ben Jacobson would get the call...especially if UNI makes the S16 again this year. Shaka seems content to stay at VCU.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think Ben Jacobson would get the call...especially if UNI makes the S16 again this year. Shaka seems content to stay at VCU.

I see Jacobson as looking towards the B12. Barnes is back on the hot seat, and Texas's roster/incoming class is much more primed for future success than Indiana's.

Reaction Score
Shaka will be the next coach at UConn. He so reminds me of a young Calhoun it's frightening.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Shaka will be the next coach at UConn. He so reminds me of a young Calhoun it's frightening.

Are you not satisfied with Kevin Ollie?

Get the duck* out of here. He's our coach, he's not going to the NBA. If you aren't pleased with the results he's brought, then go cry me a river. Or jump on another team's bandwagon. Clown.

Reaction Score
As someone that hears a lot about Shaka being that I live in Richmond. I'd be completely shocked if he left VCU. Doesn't seem to be about the money or fame with him. He is THE man in Richmond, I just cant seem him leaving.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Get the duck* out of here. He's our coach, he's not going to the NBA. If you aren't pleased with the results he's brought, then go cry me a river. Or jump on another team's bandwagon. Clown.
Be happy this is his first appearance in a while. This is the type of season I expected to see him a lot.

Reaction Score

I love Kevin Ollie and want him to remain the coach at UConn for the rest of his career. That being said, if he ever left UConn for the NBA, Shaka Smart would be on my short list as a guy to replace him.

Reaction Score
seems odd - young team (7FR, no Sr), in the hunt for a bid, 2 years removed from a conf championship.
IU justifiably have higher expectations. And it's worth noting that their recruiting class is, thus far, pretty damn disappointing. They haven't been in the race for most of the top kids in the midwest.

But you're right - if everybody returns, they should be a Final Four-caliber team next season. I'd wager he gets next year to prove it.

I would not see Smart and IU as a good match - that guy either has his eye on a job or 2, or he and his wife so love the fan they are staying in Richmond forever.
Smart's a midwest guy who recruits above and beyond what his program should be able to land. I don't think he's much of an in-game coach - "Havoc" is a gimmick - but he'd be the perfect hire for IU should Crean get the ax.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I think Crean will eventually be fired in the next 2-3 years. Gotta think they'd make a call to Greg Marshall at Wichita State...of course after getting done dreaming about pulling Brad Stevens out of the NBA.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Well... At least this gentlemen doesn't want Crean to leave
tomcrean.jpg

Reaction Score
I think Crean will eventually be fired in the next 2-3 years. Gotta think they'd make a call to Greg Marshall at Wichita State...of course after getting done dreaming about pulling Brad Stevens out of the NBA.
There's something fundamentally wrong with the way Stevens is running the Celtics. Getting up by 25 every game and praying you cling to a win is not a recipe for success with offensive fire power in the league right now.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
There's something fundamentally wrong with the way Stevens is running the Celtics. Getting up by 25 every game and praying you cling to a win is not a recipe for success with offensive fire power in the league right now.
They don't have a closer, which is really crucial in the NBA. The job he has done this season has been really good. He is going to be an excellent NBA coach when (if) the Celtics get any talent.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Havoc" is a gimmick.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it Nolan Richardson's 40 minutes of hell exported from Fayetteville to Richmond about 2 decades later.....it's effective, but it's not some huge innovation or revelation.

Reaction Score
They don't have a closer, which is really crucial in the NBA. The job he has done this season has been really good. He is going to be an excellent NBA coach when (if) the Celtics get any talent.
Celtics had rebuilding in mind when they let everyone go. Danny has a plan and making the playoffs last year or this year was not it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom