Rumor from the . | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Rumor from the .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Once UConn football is winning championships, we'll have fans throughout New England.
Thats exactly what I said too. BC did get lots of Eastern Mass. area buzz 6-7 years ago when Matt Ryan was doing his thing taking BC to ACC Championship games, but if you are not contending for titles, few have interest, as some other team in the Greater Boston area is usually contending for a title in their sport.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
It's the Big Ten that is most definitely on a trend, right to the bottom of the list. And recruiting territory WILL expedite that trend. But as this article reviews, the Big Ten will make a lot a money during its football decline.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-theories-big-ten-conference-poor-performance

But there is hope on the way. Maryland, who got waxed by Marshall in its bowl game, and Rutgers, who got waxed by Notre Dame in its bowl game, are both coming to bring the Big Ten football league back into national prominence. And the poor ACC gets stuck with Louisille, who beat the snot out of the Miami Hurricanes in its bowl game.

LOL, we got waxed... It was 16-19 RU with 4min left in the 4th quarter...
Now did we get "waxed" in the last 4min of that game and give up 10pts due to our DL falling apart? Yes. But not the whole game...

Reaction Score
LOL, we got waxed... It was 16-19 RU with 4min left in the 4th quarter...
Now did we get "waxed" in the last 4min of that game and give up 10pts due to our DL falling apart? Yes. But not the whole game...

And what is very telling there is that Notre Dame and Rutgers were matched up in a bowl game. Make what you will of the result.

Reaction Score
And what is very telling there is that Notre Dame and Rutgers were matched up in a bowl game. Make what you will of the result.

The most telling thing about that game, the Pinstripe Bowl in New York, was that it had better television ratings when Syracuse played West Virginia in it in 2012 than the ND-Rutgers version in 2013. The Syracuse-WVU was also more of a blowout.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In fairness to the RU/ND Pinstripe Bowl, the Fruit/WVU bowl was played during a snowstorm. It was nice and sunny for RU/ND. Peeps going to watch more TV in bad weather.

Also in fairness to both Pinstripe Bowls, I didn't watch 1 second of either of them.

Reaction Score
In fairness to the RU/ND Pinstripe Bowl, the Fruit/WVU bowl was played during a snowstorm. It was nice and sunny for RU/ND..

And since we're throwing numbers around, 8,000 more people showed up for the RU/ND name. (or perhaps that was tickets sold -- not sure)

Reaction Score

If BC won something big in something other than hockey, I think there would be more interest. You have to win - if BC lost in hockey interest would wane too. It takes winning and BC hasn't done enough of it in anything but hockey for years. Nobody wants to be a perpetual "Cubs fan".

Reaction Score
Hello. I wanted to point out that some interesting things have been going on lately. People think I hate UCONN. Not true. I have no ill will against UCONN. In some ways, I even like the school.

Reaction Score
Hello. I wanted to point out that some interesting things have been going on lately. People think I hate UCONN. Not true. I have no ill will against UCONN. In some ways, I even like the school.
Ask us if any of us care what you think of UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger