Rule change needed | The Boneyard

Rule change needed

Reaction Score
I’m watching the NC State vs K State and the K State center is getting mauled. I don’t understand how a hand check by a guard is a foul but pushing and shoving and holding under the basket is ok. Someone help me understand.

Reaction Score
I’m a geezer. How old do you have to be to be an old geezer? Maybe I’m one of them too.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m watching the NC State vs K State and the K State center is getting mauled. I don’t understand how a hand check by a guard is a foul but pushing and shoving and holding under the basket is ok. Someone help me understand.

Technically it’s not

But most refs are former guards

The ncaa really only cares about guards

Even the nba, look what they let people do to Shaq

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I’m a geezer. How old do you have to be to be an old geezer? Maybe I’m one of them too.
Well I went to NIT games in the late 60s I don't consider myself an old geezer. It is a how you think about yourself thing.

Reaction Score
This problem was pretty well summed up by Iowa's coach in the post game presser after their loss yesterday. There is an awful lot of contact in the paint while players are jostling for position or even driving to the basket that the officials simply are not calling . Her complaint was that there's one standard of officiating for the entirety of the regular season, and a whole new standard now for the NCAA tournament. And I agree. Never before have I seen them let quite so much go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
this happens in every sport tho, idk how many hockey fans are on but in the playoffs interference is allowed tremendously. Meaning that you can pushoff in the crease and in the reg season they call those ticky tacky penalties.

Reaction Score
Perhaps this will shed some light on the topic..
Screenshot_20220321-175300_DuckDuckGo.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, so you don't have to be old. Thanks all. I'm afraid I might be a geezer, although only a middle aged one. Should I call myself a medium geezer?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Well I went to NIT games in the late 60s I don't consider myself an old geezer. It is a how you think about yourself thing.
I went to the old Garden in the 50's
was at the celebrated NYU/Seattle game when the O'Brien twins lit it up (1952)
Still out on the court taking my half hour of shots.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I graduated from UConn in 1973, when tuition was $200 a semester, so I’m comfortable with the geezer title.
I graduated high school in '75... A novice geezer, barely a curmudgeon.

sun

Reaction Score
It's called "The I Say So Rule."
When anyone asks the referee, "Why is that a foul?" he will answer, "Because I say so."

Reaction Score
If they post with their back to the basket.(on the block...not the perimeter)..defender can use an arm bar (one arm). Once they turn and face up....you have to release the bar. To be honest...I have a bigger issues with the "and 1s) where the person doesn't get touched or their ponytail gets touched and they just flop to the ground. Short of a clear mugging...inside play should be physical. Guards create more contact pushing off with their off hand on drives...and get away with it!

Reaction Score
How about all you Geezers sticking to the topic, which is an important one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom