Rule change: Live video can now be transferred to the bench | The Boneyard

Rule change: Live video can now be transferred to the bench

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Sounds like the AV department is going to get a pay raise;

10-12.4.b Electronic Transmission of Data to the Bench Area

"To permit the transmission of live statistical data to the bench area for coaching purposes and to allow conferences to
experiment with live video on the bench during conference games and tournaments."

Coaches can show players video during the game. Defense just got a lot tougher.

I wonder how long it will take when a coach shows the ref calls that they are missing.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting. Coaches will probably just rerun Paige highlights. ;)

Seriously, what is the status of this in the WNBA?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Sounds like the AV department is going to get a pay raise;

10-12.4.b Electronic Transmission of Data to the Bench Area

"To permit the transmission of live statistical data to the bench area for coaching purposes and to allow conferences to
experiment with live video on the bench during conference games and tournaments."

Coaches can show players video during the game. Defense just got a lot tougher.

I wonder how long it will take when a coach shows the ref calls that they are missing.
There is a local television station in the Birmingham, Al market that broadcasts weekly high school football games of the most competitive variety. They have a huge screen on each sideline for the coaches to review plays with the teams. I believe they got an exemption from the state high school athletic authority for this, as I have not seen it in any other venue. It is pretty sweet!

Reaction Score
Note that the rule allowing video to be used on the bench is an experimental one that conferences can use or not use, at their discretion. If a conference adopts it, it can only be used in conference games. Will not be used at all in nonconference games, and will not be used in NCAA tournament games.

Reaction Score
Data or video? If it's LIVE video, then shouldn't the coach watch the LIVE game...on the court? If it's REPLAY, then that's not LIVE video. I'm confused.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
I wonder if it includes non broadcasted videos like those top down shots that make positioning easier to see.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have seen something similar in volleyball, not sure if it was the Olympic level or the college level.

In any case, while experimental now, does anyone think it isn't the wave of the future?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom