Ruh-Roh...High ranking UMD official: "ND deal was shoved down our throats. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ruh-Roh...High ranking UMD official: "ND deal was shoved down our throats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UT was delusional if they thought ND would go to the Big XII. They don't even play several Olympic sports where the Irish excel and with St. Louis no longer in the mix, the whole region has very few Catholics (unless you want to count San Antonio). It was B1G all-in of ACC for olympics. It's a good deal for the ACC and the Irish, regardless of what the geniuses that hired Randy Edsall think.

Delusional was certainly possible, but Chip Brown (main Texas rivals guy) released aritcle shortly after the ND to ACC announement saying that Deloss Dodd was 'shocked' that ND joined the ACC as the Big 12-10 was in serious discussion with ND to join that league.

Their was discussion between ND and the Big 12 which may have been an attempt to gain levarage over the ACC.

Again, the ND ACC deal is a slam dunk for ND and not so much for the ACC.

U

UConn9604

You do realize that this Tweet is from a random West Virginia guy with about 600 followers? He doesn't even have a mildly entertaining blog to point to like The Dude. Somehow, WVU fans off of the street have the most stellar contacts in the history of the world at Florida State, Texas, Clemson and now Maryland, yet couldn't even get good information about their OWN school one year ago during conference realignment.

For what it's worth, he's now "reporting" that Florida State's AD had a two-hour call with the Big 12 last night, and that while FSU's athletic department was in favor of a move to the Big 12, its administration was not, and now they're staying put in the ACC.

He's also "reporting" that the Big 12 expansion committee is calling for a meeting.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
‪@Ruknighttime‬ $$$$. We and others may have to play catch up. Poor ACC. They're out of options.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
‪@Ruknighttime‬ not sure on meeting date yet- I wasn't told that. Sec project x may reset the market.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
‪@WVNation‬ u dont have to believe what I say I make nothing up. All I report is shared with me. I'm right a lot more than I get credit for.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Not having a close proximity partner leave with them was a huge factor as well thank you Benedict Tiger.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Athletic dept from AD down to waterboy was 100% in favor of the move. Even with the new buyout.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Laments were made etc. ultimately this decision came down from the administration. Namely the president.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Apparently FSU AD had a 2 hour phone conversation with Bowlsby last night.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
The door was left open for the future. They know what's in store for them.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
And in possibly related news, Big12 expansion committee calling for first meeting in several months.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
True it's never over. But it's definitely over for now.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Well guys it was fun while it lasted. Florida State tells the B12 "it's over" Details when I get em.

Take it for what it's worth, i.e., not a lot.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, he's now "reporting" that Florida State's AD had a two-hour call with the Big 12 last night, and that while FSU's athletic department was in favor of a move to the Big 12, its administration was not, and now they're staying put in the ACC.

He's also "reporting" that the Big 12 expansion committee is calling for a meeting.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
‪@Ruknighttime‬ $$$$. We and others may have to play catch up. Poor ACC. They're out of options.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
‪@Ruknighttime‬ not sure on meeting date yet- I wasn't told that. Sec project x may reset the market.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
‪@WVNation‬ u dont have to believe what I say I make nothing up. All I report is shared with me. I'm right a lot more than I get credit for.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Not having a close proximity partner leave with them was a huge factor as well thank you Benedict Tiger.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Athletic dept from AD down to waterboy was 100% in favor of the move. Even with the new buyout.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Laments were made etc. ultimately this decision came down from the administration. Namely the president.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Apparently FSU AD had a 2 hour phone conversation with Bowlsby last night.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
The door was left open for the future. They know what's in store for them.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
And in possibly related news, Big12 expansion committee calling for first meeting in several months.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
True it's never over. But it's definitely over for now.

MHver3 ‏‪@MHver3‬
Well guys it was fun while it lasted. Florida State tells the B12 "it's over" Details when I get em.

Take it for what it's worth, i.e., not a lot.

Realistically speaking, the only conference Fla State would want to be in is the SEC. The whole Fla State to the Big 12 gossip was just them trying to pull a Notre Dame and negotiate their way into the SEC. Nobody in Florida gives a rat's ass about playing Kansas, Iowa State, Okie State, etc. There are 2 appealing teams in the Big 12 from Florida State's perspective, and those are Texas and Oklahoma. The rest of the schedule would have no interest to the fan base. But they would give their left nut to be part of the SEC.

Reaction Score
Realistically speaking, the only conference Fla State would want to be in is the SEC. The whole Fla State to the Big 12 gossip was just them trying to pull a Notre Dame and negotiate their way into the SEC. Nobody in Florida gives a rat's ass about playing Kansas, Iowa State, Okie State, etc. There are 2 appealing teams in the Big 12 from Florida State's perspective, and those are Texas and Oklahoma. The rest of the schedule would have no interest to the fan base. But they would give their left nut to be part of the SEC.
I think that's right--although their fanbase could also get interested in OSU when their good, and West Virginia at times...but the ACC doesn't have a ton of teams FSU is excited to play.

But this was never happening. It's SEC or bust for FSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom