Rudy with 41 (16-25 FG) tonight | The Boneyard

Rudy with 41 (16-25 FG) tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
It's a saberheads worst nightmare with Rudy doing great and Monta Ellis revatilized in Dallas.

Reaction Score
Through 20 games in Sacramento, Rudy is averaging 21 ppg on 52/37/85 shooting, all of which would be career highs (other than 3pt%, which would be his second highest).

Either he's playing above his head.
Or playing with someone like Cousins is helping open things up for him to be more efficient.

I don't watch Kings games enough to really know.

Reaction Score
Tying a career high.

Just figured I'd give that one its own thread, instead of throwing it into the generic NBA one. He's been kicked around a lot by NBA folks - might as well give him a positive thread.
Must have been the aura from the UConn experience in Memphis.

Reaction Score
Through 20 games in Sacramento, Rudy is averaging 21 ppg on 52/37/85 shooting, all of which would be career highs (other than 3pt%, which would be his second highest).

Or playing with someone like Cousins is helping open things up for him to be more efficient.

Didn't he get glasses or have vision correction surgery in the off season.

Reaction Score
tzznandrew said:

The couple games I've seen he's blended in mostly, and then asserted himself in short spurts. He has made some difficult twos as a King - fadeaways off post ups, pulling up over defenders from 18, etc., and perhaps those were shots he wasn't making consistently in Toronto. But he's also cut off the ball when Cousins posts up, spotted up off Thomas drives and things like that to get himself shots off the ball, which wasn't happening as a Raptor. He was very ball-dominant there.

He also seems like he could be doing even better in Sacto, but he's missed some shots around the rim he used to make - getting blocked by guys like Pekovic and Gasol that he used to just jump over. He added some weight this offseason, presumably to play more as a stretch 4 in Toronto, and he doesn't have the same lift. But he's still able to shoot over most 3s on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Rudy has a lower usage rate than he did in Toronto, a throwback to his grizzlies days. also notice his shot distribution on NBA.com . 41 on 25 shots ; unwatchable !

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Didn't he get glasses or have vision correction surgery in the off season.

Didn't help him with Toronto; he was shooting 38% or so.

Whatever the reason, it's good to see him playing to his potential.

Reaction Score
Rudy went down with an Achilles injury in the first quarter tonight. Not sure the extent yet, but obviously a tear/rupture would be pretty much a devastating high-to-low fall in a short span.

Reaction Score
He is going to be in a boot for 4 or 5 days then be evaluated.

It doesn't look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc