ru playing uf hard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ru playing uf hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Lol court storm against the number 10 team. Good for them I guess.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They stormed when they beat #10 Nova last year, too.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Lol court storm against the number 10 team. Good for them I guess.
It's Jersey. The biggest thing they have going for them is Snooki. Let the kids have this.

Reaction Score
No, Snooki isn't a Jersey Girl. We've got Springsteen and Bon Jovi. How about you? What ya got?

Reaction Score
We have legendary 80's super group Toto. And a lot of championship banners.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I guess this would be the time I mention that the McMahon family lived in my town, Noah Webster, Wavy Gravy and the Dashboard Confessional singer are all originally from my hometown, and Rivers Cuomo from Weezer is from CT as well, but we have the Huskies and that's all I need.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
No, Snooki isn't a Jersey Girl. We've got Springsteen and Bon Jovi. How about you? What ya got?

Steam!

Picture the Husky nation singing this to Rutgers.....(You pick the sport!)

Reaction Score
And then we had Peter Tork of the Monkees. In many ways, he bridged the gap between Elvis and Bruce.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
We got John Mayer (not that I care but my girlfriend is obsessed with him)

Reaction Score
We have a clean state and very little traffic. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There are going to be few easy road wins in the Big East this year. Rutgers was extremely gutty tonight as was South Florida the other day against us, and the win today is going to be a confidence builder for RU. They are always tough at the RAC. Depaul is probably the only team that you might assume is a sure road win.

The Huskies need to protect their home court and try to pick off road games one at a time. They continue to struggle to stop the 3's and if they run into a hot shooting team on the road anything can happen. The perimeter D this year doesn't match last year in my opinion and needs to improve for this to be a special season. People say that the reason teams are burning us with threes is because the interior defense is so tough to penetrate which is true but you have to adjust to what is working for your opponents.

Reaction Score
Just to add to the list... Michael Bolton (haha haven't heard/said that name in like over a decade at least) used to live in the neighborhood I grew up in until 6th grade (not at the same time I lived there, I just remember ding dong ditching it as a kid with the security cameras around the house thinking we were bad*ss). Chris Drury (NY Rangers) is from my hometown and went to my middle school. 50 Cent had a house in Farmington, but sold it, I believe, to some other lame rap artist.... I think but for all I know he could still own it. Dan Orlovsky came from the town I've lived in for like 12 years now. James Blake (the tennis player) is from Fairfield, CT. Blah blah blah.

Don't hate on CT and it's supposed lack of celebrities. You'd be surprised ;) haha. I know this post isn't necessary... once people started listing "stars" from CT I felt the need to list the ones I know from my area lol.

EDIT: The creator of the cartoon "Doug" (cartoon back when I was little.. Doug Funnie, Patty Mayonaise, Skeeter, etc.), Jim Jenkins, lives in Stamford and went/goes to my grandparents' old church. I used to see him all the time and would feel so special hahaha.

Reaction Score
Drury, of course, went on to take up hockey as a hobby after he retired from Little League.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i can't believe so many of you are actually defending ct to that ruty troll. nj and that rtared athletic program they have. if bcu wasn't trying to move to d3 soon ruty would be the joke of the northeast.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Drury, of course, went on to take up hockey as a hobby after he retired from Little League.
Maybe it's just because I share his hometown, but I feel like every time he plays a game on TV they mention that say "Chris Drury of Trumbull, CT." Well I am positive that they do because I always listen for it but the point is I can't think of other athletes whose hometowns are mentioned so often.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Wow! Rutgers has some great freshman guards. How come this team is only 7-6? I guess because they are Freshman. LOL.
Agree both of their guards look great...super win for RU and the Big East

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
I wonder what RutgersAl did with his life size Mike Rosario poster?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just to add to the list... Michael Bolton (haha haven't heard/said that name in like over a decade at least) used to live in the neighborhood I grew up in until 6th grade (not at the same time I lived there, I just remember ding dong ditching it as a kid with the security cameras around the house thinking we were bad*ss). Chris Drury (NY Rangers) is from my hometown and went to my middle school. 50 Cent had a house in Farmington, but sold it, I believe, to some other lame rap artist.... I think but for all I know he could still own it. Dan Orlovsky came from the town I've lived in for like 12 years now. James Blake (the tennis player) is from Fairfield, CT. Blah blah blah.

Don't hate on CT and it's supposed lack of celebrities. You'd be surprised ;) haha. I know this post isn't necessary... once people started listing "stars" from CT I felt the need to list the ones I know from my area lol.

EDIT: The creator of the cartoon "Doug" (cartoon back when I was little.. Doug Funnie, Patty Mayonaise, Skeeter, etc.), Jim Jenkins, lives in Stamford and went/goes to my grandparents' old church. I used to see him all the time and would feel so special hahaha.

Farva from super troopers is from my hometown. So is tony sparano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom