RPI out - NET in | The Boneyard

RPI out - NET in

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

The NET, like the RPI, is a sorting tool for NCAA tournament selection of 32 at-large teams and the seeding of all 64 teams on the bracket. The NET is determined by whom a team played, where it played, how efficiently it played and the game result.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So... there are several sites that have RPI numbers that we can look at - but I didn't see any that had NET for the past year for women's basketball. Does that exist yet, or did they decide to make the change without any empirical evidence (or are the NET numbers confidential)?

Reaction Score
The 2019 -2020 season appears to be complete. It would be nice if the NCAA would run the final RPI numbers and the NET numbers and publish them side-by-side, so I can find out if I care.

Reaction Score
Todl, if, after careful examination, you do find out you care please give a detailed explanation as to why. And don't forget to add statistics that will confuse and cause the reader discomfort.

Reactions: mmt

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A thread on this was posted on Monday with the source being the NCAA. Maybe with all the live sports going on nowadays ESPN is just now catching up???:rolleyes:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
So... there are several sites that have RPI numbers that we can look at - but I didn't see any that had NET for the past year for women's basketball. Does that exist yet, or did they decide to make the change without any empirical evidence (or are the NET numbers confidential)?
Their exact formula appears to be confidential, based on the above article. That said, the men's NET is apparently calculated on some sites - but it might just be a "guess", too.

In an article I read in the local paper, Mike Neighbors said - as todl did - that he would like the NCAA to release the comparison. I'm not expecting it. The bonus note was that Neighbors was the coach that worked with the PAC to improve their RPI when he was in the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom